Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    playboy82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 02:42 AM
    Abscessed tooth swelling
    The right side of my jaw is completely swollen. Its been almost 48 hrs. Since Ive been on the 500 mg amoxicillin. "When will the swelling go down??"
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 9, 2013, 02:48 AM
    It may or may not go down. Take the FULL course of antibiotics and stay in touch with the dentist's office (you can leave messages about your condition). You may or may not need dental work, or tooth extraction, but first have to get the infection under control.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 03:28 AM
    The antibiotic recommended may not be strong enough to fight the infection. Contact your dentist immediately. This infection must be stopped before doing further damage.

Jul 9, 2013, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    It may or may not go down. Take the FULL course of antibiotics and stay in touch with the dentist's office (you can leave messages about your condition). You may or may not need dental work, or tooth extraction, but first have to get the infection under control.
    I'm getting a root canal done this Friday... but I'm going finish the amoxicillin first

Jul 9, 2013, 03:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    The antibiotic recommended may not be strong enough to fight the infection. Contact your dentist immediately. This infection must be stopped before doing further damage.
    okayy

Thank you.. I will contact my dentist tomorrow if the swelling still has not gone down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infection behind upper molar tooth causing swelling left side of face. Dental or doct [ 6 Answers ]

X-ray shows infection above upper molar tooth which is causing swelling of left side of face. Tooth does not hurt,since it already has had a root canal. Is this something a dentist can take care of or do I go to a regular doctor.

Root canal that is now abscessed [ 4 Answers ]

I had a rootcanal 8 years ago an now its absessed the size of my thumbnail in the front of my mouth.. why is this if I had the rootcanal how can a absees happen

I had an abscessed tooth pulled... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had an abscess tooth removed, and I'm still in pain, although not as bad, will the pain ease, as my jaw feels very tender

Hello I have a broken tooth and it seems infected badly swelling and pain [ 2 Answers ]

Can ER be a good idea since I can't get to dentist until Monday

View more questions Search