Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisimperfect Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Husband during marriage
    Just this week, out of no where my husband told me that one month and a few days after we got married he cheated on me with a person whom I absolutely hate. It was a girl for whom he was friends with prior to us meeting, he had liked her, and they had on and off before us had sex. However; when we met he avoided her and all other of his past female friends such as that. Sigh, she still would show up where we lived, one night after we were married I had gone to visit with his brother, when I came back home that night he was gone. I walked down hollywood blvd and found him at popeyes with a friend eating, he hadn't looked me in the eyes, I figured it was because he felt bad for being moody at me for no real reason.

Yesterday I found out that the reason was he and a friend had gone to a bar, the friend had called her and she met them there. They started having sex in the bathroom (she's very classy can't you tell?) however; they stopped as the friend saw me walking from the metro. Him and his friend left in a hurry and went to popeyes before he and the girl could finish.

Five years, and two kids later, the assumption comes to knowledge. I don't know how to feel or what to do. I feel sick, because I remember that night, and from what he explains it wasn't even TWO hours after he had sex with her, that he had sex with me. I know it was five years and two kids ago, but for some reason I feel sick, cheap, and violated. I know he had sex with people before me, however; he was my first, and has only ever been the only person that I have ever had sex with.

Our first year of marriage wasn't the best, he cared more about his friends and left me alone and pregnant. I was only 19 just turning 20 and I did love him. Now I'm not so sure, it feels as though everything is building up, and now I just don't really care. I have no one to talk to, no one without a bias opinion.

I've been thinking about maybe going to therapy for myself to help figure things out. I have never put myself first, I have always put everyone first, my family, my husband, my children.

I smile for my kids, they're so very little, and every time I walk by him my heart it just sinks, and I get that sick gut feeling. I want to cry, but I can't, it just won't come out.

Any ideas?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 02:08 PM

Sometimes these things that we think are buried come back and haunt us and, yes, they make us sick. Sounds like she's no prize but I'm also not so sure about him - sounds like they both consented to "bathroom" sex.

Have you sat him down and told him how you feel, how betrayed you feel? He's your husband - talk to him.

And I never see a problem with going to a third party for advice or help when you either can't settle something yourself or just need a sounding board.

Is he a good and faithful husband now and a good father?

Please don't keep posting the same question. We're all volunteers here and it might take a while for someone to respond to you.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 03:13 PM

Hi there... I am so sorry your going through this,it's obviously going to be very painful,especially since you quite clearly thought everything was OK between you and your husband.

I'm just wandering why he chose to tell you now... for what reason, is it that he wants out, or maybe the guilt became overpowering and he felt he just had to off load in the hope that you would forgive him!

Five years is a long time, you both have two beautiful children who love and need you both, therefore for your own sanity this must be sorted out.

You both need to sit down,bring everything out into the open and each of you discuss how you feel.

You also need to tell each other how you both feel.

Do you want to make a go of your marriage, do you love your husband enough to say to yourself " this is all in the past, he's with me, we have two wonderful children and i still love him".

I think if your feelings for each other are strong enough to provide a firm foundation for yourselves and your children,why not put it behind you,look to the future,leave the past in the past.
    Can you do that?

The two of you must talk, even if it means getting nana to have the children for the night.

Theraphy is a very good idea, it will help you off load allowing you to empty your head.

You are obviously very down right now,even though it was five years ago, for you it is now, having just been told.

Please arrange this therapy as soon as you can also this chat to your husband.

Have a good cry if you can, it's the bodys way of healing

Takecare
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 07:16 PM

So what is really going on NOW that has stirred up these past feelings?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 06:37 AM

I'm reading that for whatever reason she learned yesterday that this was a planned meeting, not a "run in," as she thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband came to know about my affair before marriage [ 31 Answers ]

Hello, I am married for about an year,its an aggarnged marriage and expecting our 1st child, my husband came to know that I had an affair before marriage for almost 2 years that too 2 years before our marriage, he was very upset to know this. I even tried to tell him this before marriage but...

Husband did not tell me for 3 yrs of marriage that he had another child [ 2 Answers ]

Well here is the story and I don't know what to do! First of all my husband is military. We met when he was on a debt, fell in love. We had been doing the long distance relationship from MN to WA. Everything was great we talked frequently and send love emails and letters. Then I got pregnant...

Marriage probles with husband [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have 2 beautiful children togeter we are only 25. I love my husband with all my heart but I don't think he loves me the same. He goes to work full time and then comes home and goes straight into the garage and on the weekends he is hanging out...

My husband has a child outside our marriage [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I just found out 2months ago that my husband has a 18month old child with another women. We have decided to stay together. My question is how do I except this child. And the mother keeps asking can she bring the abby to visit and I;m not okay with that at all. I'm not interested in...

Husband lied to me about reason for marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I married my husband aug 30th of this year. I feel in Love with him a month and a half after the marriage he told me that he was not going to be with me forever and in fact that the only reason he married me was to get his citizenship, later to find out the rest of the truth that he is trying to...

View more questions Search