Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NixaMoMSol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/Light remote stopped working
    I have a 1 yr old harbor breeze ceiling fan/light that works by remote only. The remote has quick working even though the red light still illuminates when pressing the buttons. I have replaced the battery.

When using the wall switch, the fan comes on but the lights do not which is likely the way the unit was being used when the remote stopped. I have checked the bulbs and they are fine. Thoughts?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 01:15 AM

First check that the dip switches still match. See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

But it's PROBABLY a bad receiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan working, Fan light not, Harbor Breeze [ 7 Answers ]

I recently tried to help a friend install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ a light kit (this model 52" White Ceiling Fan ENERGY STARŪ) The fan has 4 wires: green, white, black, and blue. The house has 3 wires: green, white, and black. Per the instructions we hooked up the green to green,...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote light control issue [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote control dimmer for the light and 3-setting fan control. My halogen light burned out. When I replaced the bulb with the same specs, the dimming function on the remote control no longer worked (though the fan settings on the remote control still work...

Harbor Breeze Remote Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently bought a house with one remote controlled Harbor Breeze fan. She said prior to moving in the remote was working perfectly. The remote does not work any function now. What should I check. The battery in the remote is new, and the indicator light responds when buttons are...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote light issue [ 12 Answers ]

Thank you for this wonderful forum! I have a newly installed Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/remote and no pull chain. Wishing now I got the one with the chain.. There was a dimmer in the wall switch where the fan operates from so we swapped it for a normal one. The fan works fine with the...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Light & Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone say they by-passed the remote. How would I do this. I know nothing about this thing except it is not working. How do you change "dip" settings? Obviously, I need help, but right now I just want to have some air. Thanks:p

View more questions Search