Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papasangel18 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
    SS disruptive behavior
    Hi guys... I have tried everything nothing and I mean NOTHING will work. My stepson whom is 10 absolutely hates me, I am at the end with him. He will do nothing I ask him to do. When his dad gets him he stays right under his dad. I have set bed time rules shower time rules and none of this works. Dad simply won't follow through. The stepson is finally in bed around 12am and I am tired of not sleeping. My house stays a wreck because he is not made to help. He is not made to do anything. He does not follow any rules. He tells me he hates me to my face. We have custody of this kid. His friends nor his friends parents want him around, because he always fights his friend, and the mom hates his mouth. I won't take him annywhere because he is merly a disrespect to me. I am so embarrassed of him. Must I also add, this boy stands in my face and tells me what hell do and when. He also throws things, kicks, and hits the walls. He is not ADD and has no anger problems he does this just because. He has told people that he does these things to run me off. Me and the Dad and married very happily but when he is here it is pure hell. I am at witts ends and don't know what to do. I don't want to leave because I really love my husband. I have told him that his son is pulling us apart and he said no he's not we are fine. I don't feel that we are fine. I would love to have my own child with him. But, I just don't think this is at all possible. Please help me someone.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
    No anger problems? He is angry as hell that his parents broke up and have found new lives with other people. He is acting out his rage in your face and the person who could get this under control, i.e. his father, has abdicated the job. I'm guessing because dad feels guilty and doesn't want to be the "bad guy."

Family counseling would be a great place to start and dad has got to get it together or you will be miserable for as many years as the visitation lasts.
    papasangel18 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Yes you are right about the son being angry over the split it has been 5 years since though. When I first moved in I was just here because I needed a place to stay and the son loved me wanted to be under me and do everything with me. This behavior has just started at the end of last year. Yes dad does feel guilty and won't discipline him for hardly anything. How do I get that to change?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Therapy sounds great right about now. For all of you. Wow, you have it cut out for you. You are a good woman for sticking with it. You and your husband need to get together on this, he needs to act like a man and teach his son how to be one too. Therapy will show him some tools to do it without being the "bad" guy. He might end up losing a wonderful wife over this if you don't sit him down tonight and tell him you made 3 appt. today for all of you. I wish you luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir I want to know which of the followng is true and which is false about territorial behaviour in animals?please tell me why you say that and if it is possible give me an example too 1-it provides some protection from predators 2-increase intra-specific competition for food Thanks a lot

Submissive behavior? [ 3 Answers ]

Our puppy does something very strange that I think is a way of showing us that he is below us in the pack order, but I really don't see him ever doing such a thing in a real pack of dogs: If any of my family lies on the floor face up, he will come over to us and lay his neck over our mouths. Is...

Disturbing Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

My son has displayed signs of disturbing behavior,he is 24,he has left excrement on my coffee table while drinking,and could not give me an explanation of why he did this,this is not the first time.I am worried he might need some help etc and don't know what to do, help:confused:

Disruptive Family Member [ 8 Answers ]

To make a long story short; the family member who's disruptive is my boyfriend's sister in law and we don't know what to do. His family is chinese and she's very traditional and so she's going by those rules and so forth. She married his oldest brother in February 2004 and his father welcomed her...

Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Florida, Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a court order behavior order for my 17 yr daughter. She is currently not living at home and I need her to be here so we can access her for drug addiction and possible marchment act.

View more questions Search