Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rablari Dash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Animated film
    I saw this movie in music class years ago, but can't remember the title. There's a lonely boy with a flute, and some girl appears and takes him off to some magical world, saying that he's supposed to save it from destruction. He meets some little black demon that can fly around like a buzzsaw, ala Sonic the Hedgehog. Some giant black oozy monster shows up, the boy doesn't understand what he's supposed to do, so he just stands there, and I think the world is destroyed, and the boy ends up back in our world.

The movie was kind of dark and tragic, but I'd really like to see it again. It reminded me somewhat of "The Neverending Story" or "Little Nemo" in its plot, themes, and style. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue what it was called.

I saw it sometime in the late 80's / early 90's, but it could be older than that. It was pretty well animated, with mostly cool colors (black, blues) with sharper lines than was really typical at the time for American cartoons, suggesting to me that it may have been a foreign film.
    Moonbay Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Nov 7, 2006, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rablari Dash
    I saw this movie in music class years ago, but can't remember the title. There's a lonely boy with a flute, and some girl appears and takes him off to some magical world, saying that he's supposed to save it from destruction. He meets some little black demon that can fly around like a buzzsaw, ala Sonic the Hedgehog. Some giant black oozy monster shows up, the boy doesn't understand what he's supposed to do, so he just stands there, and I think the world is destroyed, and the boy ends up back in our world.

The movie was kind of dark and tragic, but I'd really like to see it again. It reminded me somewhat of "The Neverending Story" or "Little Nemo" in its plot, themes, and style. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue what it was called.

I saw it sometime in the late 80's / early 90's, but it could be older than that. It was pretty well animated, with mostly cool colors (black, blues) with sharper lines than was really typical at the time for American cartoons, suggesting to me that it may have been a foreign film.
    If you find out the name of that movie, tell me. I'd like to know that too. I saw it a long time ago too. Too bad I can't remember it myself.
    caz1961 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2009, 01:58 AM

Was it maybe the foreign film called 'the magic flute' that had a boy that blew a flute in it.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 08:30 AM

A Journey Through Fairyland: Yousei furorensu (1985)
    Dacey1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 03:49 PM

Little nemo?
    Dacey1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Here is a link Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's magical nymph cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have been perterbed by this question for a very long time. Back in the early 80's, I was obsessed about a children's movie that contained a water nymph and a earth/fire nymph. The water nymph was a beautiful girl with blue, grey and purple tones, I think she lived in something...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

The Magical Reappearing Process [ 7 Answers ]

That's right i'm back with another fun filled adventure of "annoying computer problems" So lately i've been noticing that my internet explorer is closing out for no reason what-so-ever...and occasionally i'll get an error message something about the memory usage..so i press ctrl, alt, del..and...

Magical Triple A Guy (How did he start my Honda Civic?) [ 4 Answers ]

Hopefully, this is not a redundant Honda Civic Question… A few days ago I went out to start my 2000 Honda Civic LX and it wouldn’t turn over. It had been parked for a day. I ended up calling triple A and the guy first checked my battery. It was rated marginal. He used his handheld jump, but...

An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been searching for this movie for some time now. I remember watching it when I was between 7-12 years old... I'm 24 now, no I'm not going through a mid-life crisis. -This movie or possibly a cartoon series was made sometime in the 80's or very early 90's. Story: From what I remember,...

View more questions Search