Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avhiggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Iodine and pregnancy
    I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I know I should be taking tablets with the complete range of vitamins and minerals needed. But I have tried 2 brands and cannot take thm due to size, even if I crush them (I know its mostly psychological)
    I am under the impression that folate is the most important. I looked in the chemist for a smaller tablet. I found I-Folic tablets. These have the daily needed amount of folic, I decided to try them thinking its better than nothing, at least I get my folate. And I get most of the other vitamins by a healthy balanced diet.
    However the tablets also have 250 mcg of iodine - is this too much iodine for me to be taking? I'm I and my baby at risk by taking these tablets?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 12:45 AM
    From Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - Iodine:

Having 0.5 mg or less a day of iodine supplements is unlikely to cause any harm.
    The amount you stated is 0.25mg. So according to the info I can find, you should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine Numbers [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate iodine numbers? :eek: If so please explain it to me like I was a two year old, then maybe I might get it! The data I have is: The weight of the fat sample in grams Amount of thiosulphate required in ml Blank-fat source titration value in ml Doe...

Iodine Number of a fat or oil [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone sugest a method or stages of a method to find out the iodine number of a fat or oil. Thank you very much!!

Iodine clock chemical reaction [ 4 Answers ]

In our chem lab we're doing an iodine clock experiment. I need help with my equation KIO3 + NaHSO3 + starch --->? I'm pretty sure I2 is produced but I'm not sure of anything else. I need a molecular equation and a net ionic equation. Please help! Thanks

Iodine Number Of Fat [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone out there explain to me like a five year old boy how the formulae for calculating the IODINE NUMBER and CHLORINE NUBER of fats were derived?

View more questions Search