Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davina90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Iodine Number of a fat or oil
    Can anyone sugest a method or stages of a method to find out the iodine number of a fat or oil. Thank you very much!!
    pwd77 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Have you tried to Google "Iodine Number?" A quick search found several references that might fit your need
    9877edward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
    no way, Google isn't too much help

In = (a-b)/c x 1.27/5

Where, a = blank titration
    b = mean sample titration
    c = mass of oil in sample

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine Numbers [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate iodine numbers? :eek: If so please explain it to me like I was a two year old, then maybe I might get it! The data I have is: The weight of the fat sample in grams Amount of thiosulphate required in ml Blank-fat source titration value in ml Doe...

About fat [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I have lot of fat at my chest area and I want to loose fat from the chest area. Can any one suggest me how I can loose fat from chest area by exercises?

Commercial oil-based v.s artist's oil paint [ 1 Answers ]

I am painting on interior brick, already painted with oil-base commercial and wish to use commercial oil-base paint because I think it is more durable than artist's paints, i.e. dusted, perhaps even washed. Is there something I can use to thicken it, thus allowing it to work more like artist's...

Iodine clock chemical reaction [ 4 Answers ]

In our chem lab we're doing an iodine clock experiment. I need help with my equation KIO3 + NaHSO3 + starch --->? I'm pretty sure I2 is produced but I'm not sure of anything else. I need a molecular equation and a net ionic equation. Please help! Thanks

Iodine Number Of Fat [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone out there explain to me like a five year old boy how the formulae for calculating the IODINE NUMBER and CHLORINE NUBER of fats were derived?

View more questions Search