Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jreber Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Jenn air dishwasher won't run
    My Jenn Air dishwasher model JDB65 isn't running.

The problem began when it ran, but water wouldn't drain out. There's no clog in the drain line. Now it won't start or anything, like it's got no power. The power switch is on and the circuit breaker is not tripped.

About a year we paid for a service repair visit for a similar problem. My wife remembers the technician doing something behind the lower panel (under the main door) that was a fairly simple fix. I've opened the panel but can't find anything that looks wrong.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 03:00 PM
    If you have the front panel removed, close door and make sure that the door interlock mechanism is causing electrical switch to make contact.

Aug 8, 2008, 10:19 AM
    As best I can tell, the door interlock is working. Guess it's time to call somebody
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Move the float switch up and down. Many times they will stick or get something lodged under them and this will shut the power off.

Aug 8, 2008, 08:36 PM
    OK, tried that, thanks, no help. There's no electrical to the unit whatsoever. I think there's usually one of the 3 red lights on, but I can't get any light on at all.

Power sources all checked. (switch and circuit breaker)

It might be the door latch mechanism, not sure
    AndrewJC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Please let us know how this turned out. We have exactly the same symptoms you cite. Running out of ideas here :) Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Check electrical connections where house wireing is connected to dishwasher. If you have front panel removed you should be able to temporarily bypass door interlock Door interlocks usually break both sides of circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jenn-air Gas Cooktop, Igniter Malfunction [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a Jenn-Air Gas Cooktop, with all knobs in the off position, one of the igniters, sparks once, every 45 seconds on it's own. I have tried re-adjusting the knob to the off position but, this has no effect. Any ideas, to this mysterious spark? Thanks in advance, for any suggestions....

Jenn and My 11 Year Old Lab/Chow Mix [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 11 year old Lab/Chow mix in the past year she gradually gained weight, more towards her stomach area and her back paws got a little weak and I thought it was just due to the fact she's getting older. Than for a few days she started to get real sick, breathing weird and her back paws...

Jenn Air Range Hood [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected...

View more questions Search