Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pauloxxi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Replacing Thermostate by Hunter 44260 (on Heat Pump)
    Hello all.
    I currently have a Thermostate White-Rodgers that I would like to replace by the Programmable Hunter 44260.
    Current wiring:
    C = Blue
    W2 & E JUMPED = White
    R = Red
    G = Green
    O / B = Orange
    Y = Yellow

The Hunter feature:
    G
    RC & RH Jumped
    Y/O
    W/B
    Y1

Additional info: My system is Heat Pump. I'm not sure if it is single or multiple stage. Actually how to know that??
    My current system aloso have a "Emergency" position, so I can select between
    "COOL - OFF - HEAT - EMERG"

I also already understand that C (Common) is not used on this Hunter 44260 system.

Please let me know what to do here... I'm starting to suspect that I need to return that to the store. Also, after checking this website for while I see what a poor job companies like Hunter, Honeywell and others do as for explaining wiring variations available.

Thank you!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 11:59 PM
    I believe you have the incorrect thermostat for your system. Take it back from where you bought it and tell them you need one for a heat pump system with 2 stages of heat. Honeywell has a great web site for professionals.
    Pauloxxi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Thank you! I'll return the item to the store!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luxpro thermostat to hunter 44260 [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have looked everywhere and crossed reference as many charts as I can but I still can not seem to find a definite wiring diagram for this. My old Luxpro wiring goes like this and it makes sense. RED WIRE connected to R GREEN WIRE connected to G ORANGE WIRE connected to O WHITE WIRE...

Replacing a Nordyne Thermostat for a Hunter 44260 Wiring! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having issues, I want to replace my old thermostat for this digital one however, I'm not sure on the wiring. On the Nordyn I had, Y G R O

Hunter 42995B thermostat wiring for Rheem heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

System: Rheem all electric heat pump. Broken thermostat: Honeywell T841A1308 Heat Pump Thermostat Replacement Thermostat: Hunter 42995B Current Wiring: "X" -brown wire "B" -blue wire "W2" -white wire

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

View more questions Search