Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msyouell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Eviction in fl.
    I relocated to fl. From ny. I have been paying my rent on time, until I ran into a financial issue. I have tried to get back on my feet, but it's really hard. My landlord taped a 3 day notice on my door, on sat. does the notice have to come from the marshall? This paper was printed off the computer. Also I have a 8 yr old. If we are kicked out, we will be on the street. No family in fl. I can pay ,I just need a little more time. What do I have to do. It's only my income. I receive no support from her dad, who promised to help. Do I have rights? What should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msyouell
    i relocated to fl. from ny. i have been paying my rent on time, until i ran into a financial issue. i have tried to get back on my feet, but it's really hard. my landlord taped a 3 day notice on my door, on sat. does the notice have to come from the marshall? this paper was printed off of the computer. also i have a 8 yr old. if we are kicked out, we will be on the street. no family in fl. i can pay ,i just need a little more time. what do i have to do. it's only my income. i receive no support from her dad, who promised to help. do i have rights? what should i do?

The Law simply requires the 3-day notice. It does not require a specific form or service by the Marshall.

Following the expiration of the 3-days the landlord can file for eviction.

Your best bet is to try to negotiate something with the landlord. Have you already approached him/her or did you do nothing and then then got the notice?

I'm a landlord - if I hear nothing from you I assume you don't want to talk to me and I proceed to eviction. It's already the 23rd of the month - are you talking about June's rent?

If you have not paid your rent when it's due, no, you have no "rights." Your best bet is to try to negotiate with the landlord.

The Court will be sympathetic - no one wants to see a child on the streets - but the landlord cannot be expected to let you live rent free and until the landlord hears from you (if that is the case here) he/she has no idea if you EVER plan to pay.

Obviously if you've already asked and the landlord has said no, you're going to be evicted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mn eviction [ 2 Answers ]

I currently owe my landlord 545.00 in back rent for the months of April and may. I have paid in full my June rent , my question is can he file an unlawful detainer? I live in mn.

Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process on an eviction in the state of Florida? How do I see if it was done in the court?

Eviction [ 2 Answers ]

I have an eviction against me, and lost my sec.8. help in wa

Eviction in SC [ 1 Answers ]

I was jts evicted without notice no written document--I was wondering if I was suppose to get 30 days notice even though all the landlord and myself had was a verbal agreement. I was told to get out of her house and was not able to properly collect my things. I am confussed and I feel I like I...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search