Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharp3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Eviction in SC
    I was jts evicted without notice no written document--I was wondering if I was suppose to get 30 days notice even though all the landlord and myself had was a verbal agreement. I was told to get out of her house and was not able to properly collect my things. I am confussed and I feel I like I should have gotted 30 notice .
    That's Kate Sharp
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Yes, you should have been given notice. If you suffered damages you can file a lawsuit against your landlord for illegal eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction [ 8 Answers ]

In Mississippi, what are the laws concerning a parent evicting an adult child? And what steps would need to be taken.

Eviction at 17 [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old and just had a baby and am struggling because I can't move anywhere because of the eviction on my credit. I was only 17 and signed a lease. They never asked for verification of my age. What should I do to get this eviction off my credit

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I have a rental house and the person on the contract has a wife and she has a son that is her not his. Her name is not on the contract. He wants her out. How do I go about doing this? Any help would be great. Not sure what to do in this situation. The house is in Indiana. ...

FL eviction [ 1 Answers ]

The tenants in my rental home have not paid rent this month. It is now twenty-nine days past due. I have not been able to contact them for three weeks. They are never home and don't answer the phone. What steps do I take in Fl. To evict.

View more questions Search