Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chas47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Sealant for plastic shower drain in RV
    I have an RV shower was leaking in compartment below shower. I took it apart now would like to reinstall. What is the proper sealant to use for plastic drain on plastic shower floor?
    Thank you
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Hi Chas...

Silicone should work just fine here... ;) Clean all surfaces real well with a basic isopropyl alcohol and then install the silicone sealant as required. Let it dry 24 hours at a minimum or as directed on the tube itself.

MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 2, 2009, 11:10 AM
    I agree with Mark. For years we used plumbers putty. But that had a habit of getting hard over time. Silicone jel will remain pliable and reduce the problem of a ruptured seal. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal sealant around shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I need to remove an old shower drain, The outside of the drain is sealed with some metal stuff like lead. What is the way to remove them? Thanks Sand

What kind of sealant do you use on a plastic sink [ 2 Answers ]

Please can someone help me, I need to know what sort of sealer do you normally use on a plastic sink pee trap compression fitting?

New shower pan with plastic drain is leaking [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have installed a new shower pan in the basement and the pan came with a plastic drain kit. The drain is leaking around the seal underneath very slightly. Is there some type of caulk or epoxy that I could apply to the bottom to stop the tiny leak? Though I followed the manufactures...

View more questions Search