Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Painful boots
    Right.

I have a pair of gorgeous, metallic blue, well fitting, knee-high Doc Martin boots. The problem is when I lace them up and try to walk in them the crease at my ankle is so stiff I find it digs really badly into my achilles tendon and ribs away the skin.

How do you soften leather boots?

(I know the traditional method is grin and bare it and they will eventually soften up but I have tried and nearly crippled myself)

All suggestions appreciated.

P.S. The boots are not too small, I have had this suggested before. They fit fine but are simply too stiff.
    cissy17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Docs are made with some serious leather, aren't they? :) You're going to have these boots forever!

Try applying a little Neatsfoot Oil Conditioner (the brown bottle - not the orange, that's the soap) to the inside ankle area (wear crappy socks afterwards!) and see if that doesn't help. I'm saying apply to the inside because it is a conditioner and could change the color of the boot if applied to the outside and Docs are made with such thick leather, plus there's coating on the outside of the boot, I don't think that the Neatsfoot will penetrate outside -> in.

Hope this helps!
    olivia_7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 10:19 AM
    To soften leather you soke I alcohol and then spray somthin so they won't stink then was around so it will losten
    taurusss Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2007, 06:54 AM
    İf you have tried so many things and none has worked I also want to give you an idea, try wearing very comfortable soft socks? Too thin socks will make you feel the boots inner area..
    bigphil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 02:56 AM
    Fill with boiling water, repeat for an hour keeping then hot, this makes the leather pliable, wear them streight away for a few hours or as long as possible, repeat daily. When I was in the army we did this and the boot were ready to wear after one to two sessions!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Painful Breakup. [ 15 Answers ]

Here's the story, my ex breaks up with me in November, but then tells me the next day it was a mistake, he wants me back and is very sorry. Things went fine until boxing day, I hadn't saw him for about 2 weeks since my grand-father died and I had been busy, we were talkingon Boxing day and he says...

Painful ending, why? [ 57 Answers ]

Entire story merged I'm 24 years old never married and had only a few relationships. I moved to Las Vegas almost 2 years ago on a pipe dream to be a professional poker player leaving behind my house, job and moved to a place where I didn't know anybody and had no family (I question this decision...

The Boots [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, move to Texas . Bert always Wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he Buys them and wears them home. Walking proudly he goes into the kitchen and says to his wife, "Notice Anything different about me?" Margaret looks him...

Painful break up [ 10 Answers ]

Well this stories a bit long, me and my ex broke up ovr a year ago mutually, you see we were spending too much time together and both our parents didn't approve of this, when we broke up it was horrible, I lost weight, and was depressed and heart broken, after 8months we started talking again, we...

View more questions Search