Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gribble06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Is a verbal rental agreement legally binding in Ohio?
    I live in cincinnati Ohio with my older brother. I've lived here for at least six months and I've paid 200 dollars a month to him in cash for rent. I've got no receipts for rent or anything like that. His name is the sole name on the mortgage, so I am just a tenant. I never signed a lease or anything like that but we had an oral agreement, with basic rules, logistics etc.. A few weeks ago, he told me he wanted me out by nov. 10th. I lived elsewhere for about 6 days and was informed about the laws in Ohio. What does he have to do to evict me and how much more time do I have if he pursues it right now?. also, is it because a verbal rental agreement is binding in Ohio, OR because I've been there for at least six months?. please explain this process to me in detail.. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Is a verbal contract legally binding for buying a car Ohio? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I purchased a car from a friend of my fiancé. I was told by the owner of the car there was nothing major wrong with the car. She assured me she would pay me back if there was something wrong with it other than what she had told me. I was unable to test drive it do to me not feeling well,...

Is an oral agreement legally binding in Ohio? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I agreed in child support court to stop support and do shared parenting. The court agreed to this and stopped the support that day. When we left we decided to handle the agreement ourselves instead of filing a motion for shared parenting through the courts. Two months later...

Is a verbal agreement legally binding in the state of PA? [ 4 Answers ]

Perhaps I had a verbal agreement to pay a loan that the parents of my now ex-wife had taken out for us. Now that we are not together any more, for more than three years, and I'm still paying this loan payment, am I legally bound to keep doing so, or not? I know the moral thing to do would be to...

Is a verbal agreement legally binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My father-in-law is visiting us in Arkansas and was considering moving here. He looked at some homes for sale, and made a verbal offer (no realtors or paperwork involved) on a house. The seller counter-offered, but would not come down far enough. My f-i-l never signed any paperwork or offered...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.