Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myod40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 10:34 PM
    Is an oral agreement legally binding in Ohio?
    My ex-girlfriend and I agreed in child support court to stop support and do shared parenting. The court agreed to this and stopped the support that day. When we left we decided to handle the agreement ourselves instead of filing a motion for shared parenting through the courts. Two months later she got mad at me and decided not to let me see him anymore and is now taking me back to court for support. Is our oral agreement in child support court for shared parenting legally binding or can they order me to pay support again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 06:24 AM

No, your oral agreement is not binding, only court orders signed by the judge are. She may default back to the original written and signed paper work as the valid,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Are deposits legally binding [ 7 Answers ]

My son paid a deposit for a car,the seller has now changed his mind, he also signed a hand written receipt, my son still wants the car

Is a verbal agreement legally binding in the state of PA? [ 4 Answers ]

Perhaps I had a verbal agreement to pay a loan that the parents of my now ex-wife had taken out for us. Now that we are not together any more, for more than three years, and I'm still paying this loan payment, am I legally bound to keep doing so, or not? I know the moral thing to do would be to...

Is a verbal agreement legally binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My father-in-law is visiting us in Arkansas and was considering moving here. He looked at some homes for sale, and made a verbal offer (no realtors or paperwork involved) on a house. The seller counter-offered, but would not come down far enough. My f-i-l never signed any paperwork or offered...

Is oral rental agreement legally binding with rent reciepts in blount county, TN [ 8 Answers ]

I live in blount county in Tennessee. I have an oral rental agreement with the landlord. She got mad and told us that since there is no written agreement we are considered as tresspassing and she can throw us out at any time. I found one law site that said oral contracts was legal as long as the...

View more questions Search