Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BLTDay Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Apr 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Adoption/full custody
    I am marrying a man with two children. He is about to go to court to battle for full custody. When I marry him, and he has full custody, will I be able to adopt the children or will the mother have to give up parental rights?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
    The mother will have to give up parental rights for you to adopt.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Yes she would have to agree, but as I have said many times, there are millions of wonderful stepparents in the world. A piece of paper is not going to change the way you or the kids feel about each other.
    BLTDay Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Apr 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
    I read somewhere on here where I could adopt if the mom had not paid child support and I submitted this to a judge. The mother lost physical custody, has been in contempt of court for disobeying the court rules because she took the kids to her house to spend the weekend around her sleezy boyfriend which was specifically against the court order. She has also had a warrant for her arrest for not paying child support but my fiance' stopped her from going to jail because his lawyer suggested it would look good on him when he files for full custody. Also, the mother never sees the children also the kids spend time with her grandparents a few times a month. But I'm afraid that she'll refuse me adopting just out of spite. So, was that person right? Could I adopt w/o her permission if she hasn't paid child support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I ask for full custody? [ 51 Answers ]

My son is 3 months. I was never married to his father. His father has 4 felonies and a criminal record that is 35 pages long. He has had an addiction to cocaine since he was 19 and he is now 31. Since I have known him he has not been clean for more than 3 months. He has been through rehab at...

Filing for Full Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tempestt Moore, I'm 19 and will soon be a single mother. I am needing some very desperate and helpful information. How do I go about filing for full custody of my baby and having his father relinquish his parental rights? I am needing help with this because I don't know how to exactly...

Should I try for full custody, or wait? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im 5 months pregnant. Im 20 years old and this is my first child. I just found out it's a little girl. My and the baby's daddy aren't together and he does not want to work things out at all. Because he does not believe people can change. He wants to be there for the baby but just the baby and...

Full custody of my son [ 1 Answers ]

Just this last Monday the 19 of march me and my ex-husband was suppose to go to court to0 change custody but guess what really happened my ex-husband didn't show and they referred it to the friend of the court now since my son has lived at my home for 2 1/2 yrs. Now my ex husband hasn't seen my son...

View more questions Search