Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spolochick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Full custody of my son
    Just this last Monday the 19 of march me and my ex-husband was suppose to go to court to0 change custody but guess what really happened my ex-husband didn't show and they referred it to the friend of the court now since my son has lived at my home for 2 1/2 yrs. Now my ex husband hasn't seen my son in 1 1/2 yrs now and hasn't paid no support in 6 months now he thinks he can get away with all this stuff he won't need to switch custody or pay me support now I have waited this long and was told I was crazy for not going in there sooner and getting custody ( I think it crazy when someone doesn't show up for court they don't get put into contempt ) what are the steps now to get custody of my son my ex -husband doesn't want him and I just don't know what to do my husband now is supporting him and see what's crazy about it is my daughter from a another marriage lives with me too I have 50/50 with her but her dad only gets her on the weekends and gives me 15.00 a week in support I'd like to change custody for her to , to joint custody with physical to both parents when she is with either parent would that be hard to change . Thanks for listening .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 07:04 PM
    A new court date will need to be set, what is your attorney saying, did they file a contempt motion with the court ?

Talk to your attorney to help you understand and walk you though what to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental Rights Vs Full Custody [ 2 Answers ]

What Does It Mean To Give Up Your Parental Rights And Is It The Same As Full Custody?

Should I ask for full custody? [ 51 Answers ]

My son is 3 months. I was never married to his father. His father has 4 felonies and a criminal record that is 35 pages long. He has had an addiction to cocaine since he was 19 and he is now 31. Since I have known him he has not been clean for more than 3 months. He has been through rehab at...

Filing for Full Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tempestt Moore, I'm 19 and will soon be a single mother. I am needing some very desperate and helpful information. How do I go about filing for full custody of my baby and having his father relinquish his parental rights? I am needing help with this because I don't know how to exactly...

I want full custody of my 2yr old niece [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is in jail and she agreed to sign the papers for full custody, but I'm not sure which ones I need. I have temp. custody of my niece right now and I've had the baby off and on since she was 3mos. Old. Every time my sister feels like playing momma she comes and takes her from me and with...

View more questions Search