Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Furnace fan/blower runs constantly
    My house has a BDP furnace, model number 394gaw048100 and the fn or blower run constantly. I know the wires from the circuit board to the thermastat are not shorted because when I disconnected the white, red, green, yellow wire from the circuit board, the blower still runs. The circuit board has the clear relays solder on and it appears that the relays are good but since they are soldered on the board, I can replace it to find out if that the issue. Could it be something on the circuit board that went bad and the circuit board needs to be replaced? Are there other things that could be causing this? I heard that a blown fuse can cause this issue, but I can not find any fuses, any help is appericated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 12:38 PM
    It could be the circuit board OR there is usually a limit control for the heat section of the furnace that when tripped it will cause the blower to run all the time as a safety to remove the heat. Look on the back of the furnace blower door for a wiring diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower Motor Runs Constantly & Furnace or AC Won't Run [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong forced air (induced draft) natural gas furnace with central AC (made around 1990 -- Model: EG6H80DC14-1, Serial: A18315MNA). I had a problem at the end of the heating season where the blower motor would run continuously (even when the thermostat is turned to "off"). I thought...

Blower motor runs constantly [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older heat pump and a/c unit usually works fine today we realized that the blower motor does not shut off.I even turned the thermostat to off but it still runs. Can anyone give me any ideas?Also smelled a little burnt electrical smell when we noticed the blower was not shutting off.

Goodman blower runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a Goodman furnace and had no idea if the furnace worked or not. The thermostat had the wires from the wall cut with no thermostat, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if the thermostat is wired properly... The wires coming from the wall contain 2 wires, red and white....

Blower motor runs constantly with thermostat in Off position [ 2 Answers ]

The original problem was that periodically the blower motor would stop running when cooling which caused the outdoor unit coil/condenser to freeze up. If I cut the unit off, let it melt, turn it back on, it would run fine for a period. That period could be 3 hours or 3 days. After taking a...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search