Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuel_gomez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Are all shut off water valves the same?
    Are all shut off water valves the same?

I want to change two shut off valves and the house was built on the seventies and that is the reason of my question?

I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 02:27 PM

Similar, but not the same. Most shutoff valves these days are of the ball design. The ball design can be a full flow or restricted valve.

Fixture valves are all over the map. Some look pretty and some do not.

1/2" copper tubing (5/8 OD) and 3/4 copper tubing (7/8" OD) may have been common in that era.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing shut-off valves [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wanting to replace my shut-off valves for my sink and toilet. If I cut off the current connection, I don't think I'll have enough room for a push connect 1/4-turn valve. The copper pipe is 5/8" wide. The copper pipe shouldn't be showing like this anyway, should it? What can I do? 7106

Shut off valves [ 8 Answers ]

This is my problem. I have moved into an older home and I am doing some remodeling and when I went to remove the countertop and sink in the bathroom, I found that plastic piping came through the floor and directly to the faucets. I wish to put a shut off valve on the plastic pipe after shutting...

Corrosion? Of Plastic Stems of Water Shut-off Valves [ 4 Answers ]

In a condominium constructed about 12-15 years ago in Henderson, NV, I discovered 6 out of 8 under-sink water shut-off valves to have badly corroded valve stems, if that term can be legitimately applied to plastic. The "corrosion" was so bad that one valve had failed causing a flood. Since 75% of...

Access to shut off valves [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a code in sarasota fl that says you must have access to shut off valves in your tubs and if so what is that code and where can I get a copy. Thank you[ Manny

Leaky Shut off valves [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the Northeast and for the first time this past winter, I actually used the shutoff valves that lead to my outside water spigots. Now that I've turned them back on, they are leaking whenever the water line is open. I noticed they have nuts on the front... was I supposed to...

View more questions Search