Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Obtaining a lost trailer title
    I have a trailer that is used for racing. About 44', enclosed. When I bought the trailer from a person that was supposed to send me the title in the mail. I paid cash. He also bought my smaller trailer and I agreed to send him the title for it when he sent the title to my new trailer in the mail. He never did send the title, and now I am not able to get in touch with him. How can I get a new title for this trailer??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 06:02 PM

You can't unless he transferred the title to your name? It sure sounds like that never happened so technically you paid for the trailer but you don't actually own it. Do any of his friends or relatives have a clue aboiut his where abouts?
    cgib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 06:06 PM

The last time I tried to locate him, I was told that he had left the country by a friend of his. That was over a year ago. I have no idea if he ever transferred the title to my name, I'm guessing not. Do I have any other options or am I pretty much stuck?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 06:18 PM

Try that question on your Secretray of State.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 06:34 PM

In general you will need to find the serial number of the trailer, with that you should have your bill of sale showing you bought it from that person, AFter that it will depend on the rules for the state ( if in the US) since trailer rules differ greatly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost title to Travel Trailer! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently purchased a travel trailer with a lost title. How do I go about getting the title for it? Where do I go? How much will it cost? Also.. how much does it cost to register the travel trailer?

Concerning Obtaining a car title - Corrupt dealer [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a car from a dealer for $4,200 Paid Sales tax and paid him for the service of him changing the title to my name and getting the registration and plates. He was supposed to send it in the post approximately 3 weeks later we still hadn't received it so we called the dealer up there was no...

Title for travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a travel trailer and did not receive a title. How do we advise the person who sold it to us to obtain one. The license plate has not been renewed since 1994 so I am assuming he has no tilte. Please help.

Never received title for racing trailer [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a racing trailer some years ago. The seller promised to send me the title and of course never did. Now I am interested in selling it, how can I do this without a title. The person has also moved out of the country, and I do not know how to contact them. It is paid for, I paid the...

View more questions Search