Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gailcera2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Husbands friend in love with him.
    My husband has become friends with a women in our neighborhood. My husband and her husband were friends first. This women has admitted to her husband, my husband, and me, that she was once in love with my husband. She now says no.

I have seen emails, and text to my husband that says she is still very much in love with him. I know for a fact my husband would not be physically attracted to this women, he likes her because they have a lot in common.

My problem with her is she is always texting him, (12 am to 2am), also in her emails and texts, she always has to put little comments in like, "love you, miss you, thinking about you a lot". Hello... She also is good friends with our son. Hes 15, she is 51...

My husband gets furious with me when I say, "IS THAT ----- again?". I don't want to tell him who he can be friends with, but it seems as if he wants her friendship over our marriage. I am about ready to flip out on this women. HELP
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 01:22 PM

This woman owes you nothing - she doesn't owe you loyalty or fidelity or honesty.

Your husband, on the other hand, made vows to you.

HE'S the only one who can stop her behavior. You can't make anyone do what they don't want to do. The knowledge that her behavior upsets you should be enough for him to tell the woman "enough is enough." It's platonic and she puts "love you, miss you, thinking of you" in emails and texts?

As long as he's showing the messages to you maybe he doesn't take her seriously. If you are snooping and find them - well, be prepared to deal with what you find/uncover/discover. She 51 and "good friends" with a 15 year old and no one has a problem with that? What exactly does "good friends" mean?

I was "once in love" with a couple of people. I don't text, call, contact them and on the rare occasion when I see one of them I don't include "loving" and "missing" in our conversation.

I also would never attempt to guess/judge any man's taste in women. You never know.

Flip out on her? The person you need to talk to - not flip out at - is your husband. It's not picking his friends when the behavior is inappropriate and he doesn't seem to think so.

I would be very straight forward with him - what's going on here?

For that matter - why are they in daily contact? I like my neighbors but...
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Jun 21, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Wholeheartedly agree with above comment. Not right what your Husband is allowing to happen... not right at all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 05:21 PM

Its not her fault your husband allows her to come on so strong. That's who you should be talking to, but I have to add, maybe he is nice to his friends wife, but not knowing how close they are its only a guess.

Does your husband know you have seen those emails of which you speak, if so, I wouldn't worry about it, or make this a bigger issue than it is. And why would you feel threatened?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2011, 07:06 AM

I have to wonder where the woman's husband is (or where his head is!) while she's best friends with a 15-year old AND pursuing someone else's husband - ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm in love with my husbands friend [ 6 Answers ]

I have only know this guy for a little over two years. I'm married with 4 kids, he is engaged and has 1 child. He isn't that good looking, in fact I don't even know why I am so drawn to him. I'm not even sure if he's into me. He will act like he is one minute and then completely avoid me the...

I am in love with my Husbands best friend. What do I do. [ 52 Answers ]

I am a 25 year old female. I don't have kids. I have been happily married for 6 years as of this year. My husband has a best friend that just recently moved away. Now in the beginning me and my husbands best friend didn't get along. He wanted to spend time with my husband all the time and I...

I think I am in love with my husbands Best Friend, what do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, Well me and my husband have been together for over 3 years and we have a beautiful daughter together. Although our relationship is pretty good we have our downs! And when I say downs I mean horible like un bearable! Our relationship has slowly gone down hill due to his violence and anger! He...

In love with husbands best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I have myself in a very difficult situation & I am trying to figure out what to do. I am really looking for some honest insight & advice here. I started my relationship with my now husband 7 years ago via the internet. The 1st day we met in person was the day he moved to Michigan from Florida to...

I think I'm in Love with my husbands friend [ 3 Answers ]

Yes, I know it sounds horrible but its true. Here is my story. When I first met my husband he was alone, but the second time I can recall meeting him, he was with his friend. Then we weren't serious and even then his friend caught my eye but I really liked my now husband but then date so I...

View more questions Search