Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krhtmj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Freddie mac home eviction
    My son is wanting to purchase a freddie mac home.The former owners are living in it paying rent month to month. The bank and or sellers live 60 miles from the property claiming the people are moving out. They don't speak English. Whose responsibility is it to get them out and how long does it take? Should they back out of this deal? The people don't seem like they plan to move...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 07:36 PM

They can ask, as part of the offer, ask for them to be moved out before closing.

Remember what if at moving, they take the air conditioner with them, all the light fixtures and holes in all the walls. If you buy the home before they move out, you are now a landlord and will have to evict them.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krhtmj View Post
    ... The bank and or sellers live 60 miles from the property claiming the people are moving out. They don't speak Enlish. Whose responsibility is it to get them out and how long does it take? ...
    It should be the responsibility of the bank (or whoever is selling it to your son) to evict them. As Fr_Chuck says, your son should insist that the bank do this before closing. Otherwise, it will become his headache.

As discussed in this sticky thread, the bank should have given the tenants a 90-day notice. Depending on when this was done, that might be the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Definition of residential structure or dwelling for Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am in desperate need of an answer! My local county defines a dwelling unit as a structure that has sleeping quarters, sanitary facilities, and cooking. Fannie Mae, as far as I can tell, defines 'dwelling unit' as a 'residential structure' but then gives no definition I can find as to what the...

The mortgage crisis/Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. [ 28 Answers ]

What has caused it? What can be done to fix it? In order to answer these questions, we need to first understand what the problem is. Here's my attempt to explain the mortgage crisis and its causes. First, it must be understood that it is the job of banks to lend money. It is through...

Freddie and Fannie .Enron on steroids [ 11 Answers ]

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said that the cost of the bailout of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae(which own or guarantee half of the nation's mortgages) is around the tune of potentially $5,400bn .(that's $5.4 trillion) To put that number in perspective the entire US deficit is $407bn so over...

Map home drive on a Mac environment from WIndows 2000 Server [ 0 Answers ]

Hopefully some one can help me I am using WIndows 2000 Server and have created user accounts on active directory. The lab which the user are going to access this server are using emacs running OS 10.2 & 10.3. I am trying to give user a home directory in which they can save work. -I need a...

View more questions Search