Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aniko Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Possibilities of losing virginity
    Ok people, I have 2 questions.
    Is it possible to lose virginity with finger?Because I have done that few times, and I did not bleed.
    And is it possible to lose virginity if the penis didn't go all the way, and there was no bleeding?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:34 PM
    virgin, no sex, penis go in, that is sex, no more virgin.

You may or my not have broken the hymen, or it may have been broken by something else years ago.

*** if you are having sex, please use protection.
    If you are not, just read the pregnant questions from 100's of teens we get here
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Anytime the penis enters, even if it did not cause bleeding or all the way in. Your not a virgin anymore.

As far as fingers concerned that has nothing to do with virginity.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:35 PM
    I suppose it all depends on what you call virginity. Typically virginity means sexual intercourse, if the boys penis went in ever so slightly you are no longer a virgin. Not every woman bleeds. The hymen can break in early childhood for many reasons such as horseback riding for one.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Now again this does not mean your life is over, If you feel this was a mistake, it does not mean you have to keep haing sex.

IF you don't want to do it again till you find someone more special, do so.

Nov 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Asking a gyno?
    OK guys thanks for your answers. Even though I do still think that a person is a virgin until she bleeds. I mean that incident only happened once, and I stopped it before it was too late. But do you think that it would be embarrassing to see a gynecologist for an advice, or even for an accurate answer? And if no, then how should I ask?

Nov 24, 2007, 09:08 PM
    OK guys thanks for your answers, though I still believe that a person is no longer a virgin after she actually bleeds. But do you think it was be embarrassing to ask a gyno. Just to be on the safe side? And how can I ask so it wouldn't be awkward?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
    You shouldn't be embarrassed to ask a gynecologist anything, but honestly, some women don't bleed when they lose their virginity. Penetration = no longer a virgin. You can become pregnant, bleeding or not, so, I wouldn't consider a woman a virgin even if they did not bleed.

Basically, just ask the doctor about the definition of virginity and he/she will explain it to you.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:11 PM
    It will be the same answer that everybody here gave.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:12 PM
    You can always see a doctor and should, esp if you are starting sex, for advice on birth control if nothing else.
    But in today's society, many women don't bleed when they loe their virginity. Also even a little of the fluid ( prefluid) can cause pregnancy

If you want to consider yourself a virgin, OK, do it, if it makes you feel better
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
    I am currently in my Women's Health rotation in school. I will tell you that women do not always bleed. The hymen, which makes you bleed, can be broken for many reasons in early childhood. Some women have a hymen so thin that they do not bleed at all.

So, it is not the bleeding that no longer makes a woman a virgin, but the penetration by the penis into the vagina that constitutes losing your virginity.

How old are you? I want to be able to explain it in the terms you can understand. I don't want to sound too young if you are older, yet I don't want to confuse you if you are young.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 24, 2007, 09:18 PM
    You know just because you have sex for the first time doesn't mean you will bleed? I never did. Once the snake is in the whole no matter how deep it's done.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Nope, it's gone, they must have deleted themselves or some weird glitch or something...

Either way, making yourself feel better about not being a virgin by justifying it with "not bleeding means I'm still a virgin" is not right.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Sorry, had to merge the two threads and my computer is running awfully slow.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aniko
    Even though I do still think that a person is a virgin until she bleeds.
    This is historically how it was determined that a bride had been deflowered by her new husband on their wedding night--blood. In fact, it was sometimes the tradition to show off the bloody sheet or bedclothes or nightgown to prove the bride was truly a virgin.

Those traditions are long gone in most modern countries, mostly because women may not longer be virgins on their wedding night or because girls are so active nowadays (we just don't sit and do embroidery like we used to) that the hymen was broken long ago.

In any event, no more virgin = penis has entered vagina for the first time ever, blood or no blood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair possibilities [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a Lawn Chief rider mower for a few years now. Loved the machine. For some strange reason, after I washed the mower 3 weeks ago and put it away, when I pulled it out to mow this last weekend, there was absolutely no power. I turned the key and NOTHING. I tried the headlight, NOTHING. I...

Scared of losing my virginity before wedding night! [ 22 Answers ]

About two nights ago, I was out to San Francisco with my boyfriend on the beach in a car. We both got aroused but we didn't have sex all he did was fingering. He did it a few times and wanted to go deep but I stopped him. Ever since that night it hurts so much and it keeps bleeding but very...

Losing virginity making breakup more painful? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have been broken up with my ex girlfriend for nearly 2 months now, after she ended our relationship. Prior to being with her, I had dated seriously twice, and fooled around with both girls and occasionally other girls while I was single, but I had never had vaginal...

What counts as losing your virginity? [ 50 Answers ]

Hi yea just wondering what actully counts as losing your virginity to most people?I mean I've had sex 6 times without orgasm and to me I still feel like a virgin especially when I get asked by mates and peole what's it like to have sex and all I can do is lie.ive never had sex last more then 10 min...

Pregnant possibilities. [ 2 Answers ]

I really need to know some answers to my question... I'm kind of nervous... I'll ask it again... Me and my boyfriend had sex a night I was fertile(it's was my 2nd day)... we used protection but the condom broke and he came inside me... what are the chances of me getting pregnant?

View more questions Search