Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boa706 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Toshiba laptop "ram"
    I have a toshiba A105 satellite laptop... the computer would not start up with out slamming the screen.
    So I took the "ram" and "HARD DRIVE" cover's off too make sure something wasn't loose.. I took the "ram" out and put it back in .
    After that my computer started up fine ,
    But one problem...
    It is asking for a "password" after I typed in something and hit enter it states'... "set up warning" "invalid password"
    Does anyone know what the "default" or any password could be ?
    Please help!!
    A.S.A.P.!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 11:22 PM
    BIOS pw or Hard Drive pw - Acer will not help in this other than sending it into Service Center, what you can try:

Remove the Acer BIOS passwords by simply opening notebook and removing the CMOS battery for 30 minutes.

Once your BIOS password is removed, you will need to press the <F2> key during POST (Power On Self Test) to enter the Acer BIOS setup and reset BIOS defaults

Here is a copy of an email from Acer Support:

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. In order to have the BIOS or hard disk password removed (This include any biometric security), the notebook will need to come in to our repair depot for password removal. This service is not covered by warranty and unfortunately there is no other recourse to remove a BIOS or HDD password from the notebook. The flat fee for BIOS password removal is $100.00 US dollars plus tax. If it is a BIOS or HDD password and you would like us to service it for you, please contact our telephone technical support line at 1-800-816-2237. Hours of operation are 7am-9pm CST Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm CST Saturday and Sunday, excluding holidays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Drive does not "see" DVD - Why? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a DVD and tried to view it on the laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300). It does not recognize that the DVD is there (no trouble with other CDs or DVDs). I insert the DVD in the desktop (Dell Dimension 4100) and it is fine. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong and how I can fix it?...

Why this log on message appear when I turn on my laptop ""the system could not log yo [ 1 Answers ]

""the system could not log you on. Make sure User name and domain are correct"

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Toshiba Satellite L30 - how to adjust "standby" mode? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have been trying to adjust my laptop's stand-by times, as it is preset to 30 minutes. I would need at least 2 hours. This is because of my MSN messenger and Yahoo Messenger that will get offline as the laptop enters stand-by mode. And sometimes there's some files being transferred and...

View more questions Search