Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almaden Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Stove Trips Circuit Breaker
    GE stove burner shorted out. Replaced with new but trips circiut breaker with
    All knobs off. Placed bad one back in, circuit breaker does not trip. Repeated
    New install, same. Tried second new burner, same result. Did something
    Else burnout?
    cessna182 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 04:10 PM

Odd that your breaker is tripping with all burners turned off. It does not trip with old burner installed because it does not make up a circuit. The trip is likely caused bt a ground fault. Try the new burner in another burner location. If it doesn't trip the switch is bad. If it still trips the breaker the burner is faulting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac trips circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the ac, it trips the circuit breaker and the outside fan does not turn. The furnace comes on and air warm air comes through the register. Is this an ac problem or a circuit breaker problem?

Circuit breaker trips when little power being used [ 3 Answers ]

The circuit breaker that controls the downstair supply of lighting clicks off at strange times. The individual electrical items have their own breakers ie: lights, fridge freezer, TV and washing machine. The individual breakers do not click but the main breaker. It happens during the night when...

Microwave trips circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

Please help - I'm stumped. I have a swimming pool pump, and an electric kettle all working off a 20 amp CB. The pool pump and the electric kettle will work together but not the pool pump and the microwave. The wattage of the electric kettle is 1500 and the microwave is 1100. If the amps are...

New GFI Circuit Breaker trips [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a GFI circuit from my breaker box and am faulting. I'm confident that I installed the breaker correctly with the breaker pigtail going to the power return bus and the black and white wires going to the correct terminals. If I operate the breaker without the earth grd connected it...

Kenmore Stove Trips 50 AMP Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

1 Year old Kenmore Stove, Flat Top keeps tripping my 50 AMP circuit breaker. This stove has worked without problem for 1 year without any problems. What confuses me is that the circuit breaker is tripped whether I use the range, the oven, or both at the same time. Could the breaker be bad? To...

View more questions Search