Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mprince Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Ceiling fan not running as fast as it should
    We have 5 ceiling fans in our house and all 5 are the same brand, but unknown. The fans were in the house when we purchased it. All but one runs perfect, but the one on high is like the others on low. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    lnxrnr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Does it have a pull cord and a wall speed controller? If so you need to set the pull string to High speed first in order to get the wall controller to match the proper speed. Put the wall controller on MAX, then pull the string until the fan reaches max speed.
    mprince Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:27 PM

It only has the pull cord on the fan, no wall switch.
    lnxrnr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 08:29 PM

Hrrm, Try this link. General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 12:45 PM

Sounds like a bad capacitor:

Ceiling fan capactors - troubleshooting and resources - Ceiling Fans N More

Check the troubleshooting link first though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer clock is running fast! [ 2 Answers ]

About every 3 to 5 days, my computer clock starts to run up to five minutes fast. I depend on this clock for accurate time and keep resetting it and it keeps running fast. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Ceiling fan smells hot when running [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes our kitchen ceiling fan smells hot, usually when first turning it on and not always with the lights on. It doesn't exactly smell like an electrical odor, just hot. Also sometimes there is a hum when it does this. Both usually go away after it's on a few minutes, but sometimes I turn it...

4.0 briggs&stratton running too fast [ 1 Answers ]

Won't idle down

Ceiling fan to fast [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a ceiling fan and it has 3 speed. The lowest setting, is too fast. I can't even see the blade turns even though its in the lowest setting. I needed to know how to make it slow, I mean slow. :confused: Tony

Computer running real slow, speed isn't as fast as before [ 2 Answers ]

My comp is running real slow now, dun noe what has happened Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:59:44 PM, on 24/02/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe...

View more questions Search