Ask
    nkachur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 02:54 PM
    4.0 briggs&stratton running too fast
    Won't idle down
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 05:58 PM
    If the engine is on a pushmower, the throttle is probably not moveable, least not without pliers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

9 HP Briggs and Stratton will not keep running [ 4 Answers ]

This is a craftsman wood chipper, with the 9HP engine. It was running 2 years ago. If I pour gas in the carb it will start and continue to run as long as I am pouring gas. I know gas is reaching the carb from the tank, the gas line was leaking and I replaced it. This weekend I was planning on...

Briggs and stratton 14.5 OHV won't keep running [ 1 Answers ]

Starts , runs for only a few seconds then stops When I take the spark plug out it's soaked in gas Is it flooding itself ? Does this mean the carb is stuck ? I don't know about carbs This one has a wire to the bottom of it (electronic ?) Any ideas how to correct would be appreciated

Briggs and stratton run [ 5 Answers ]

I have a B&s 14.5 (42598x92a) on a Murray 42" riding lawn mower it was given to me the other day by a friend. It wouldn't run so I worked on it a little bit and got it running then it stopped.I figured the carb needed cleaning because it had set for awhile so I took it apart and cleaned it but I...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

View more questions Search