Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaydoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Alcohol Gel Fireplaces
    My new condo has no fireplace. I was considering a ventless gas fireplace, but read about dangers of CO and condensation problems.

Does anyone know if the alcohol gel fireplaces have the same problems, or if they are cleaner burning and safer?

Thanks.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Hi Kaydoll,

This site might answer your questions.

Sunjel Gel Fuel, Jel Fuel, Alcohol Gel Fuel, Fireplace Gel Fuel
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Alcohol fireplaces burn very clean and should not be an issue. Ventless fire places have a monitor built into them that shuts down the unit if oxygen gets too low. However, everything mechanical can break down including an oxygen monitor. They operate like running all 4 burners on a gas stove at the same time. There may be an odor after a few hours but it isn't much more dangerous than cooking for a few hours.
    Kaydoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Thank you for your help! I think the gel fireplace is the way to go, and they are very low-cost, compared to other options. I hope it will add a little "cozy" to the room.

Kaydoll
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 12:06 PM
    I'm sure you will enjoy it. We saw them recently at the Home Show in Toronto and there are some real nice looking ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol as a gift [ 1 Answers ]

We have a program that recognizes employees at our office. We have been offered a bottle of liquor as a donation for a gift for the drawing. Is there a law that prohibits this type of gift giving to an employee?

Why Drink Alcohol [ 46 Answers ]

I have read so many stories of alcohlics,mothers,fathers and even kids who binge drink. Then there are those who party and drink (so called "social "drinkers). As I have never tasted alcohol nor have any plans to try it, I keep wondering... Why do families drink in front of kids?...

Alcohol use [ 1 Answers ]

I have a motion (temporary until court date) stating that the fathe will not use or have any alcohol in body while my children and with him. This also goes for his two live in roommates. I have found that the drinking is continuing and he is in contempt of court, He also has not filed his...

Fireplaces [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this whisky4 asking about what is the highest/and/or safest tempature that a chimeny in a 1924 house can handle,has no dampener,and was checked by chiminey sweep and was OK the back of the box has a slope to it,but I noticed that the bricks at the back appear to be worn off by the years of...

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search