Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggieinnc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Mother signs all parental rights to father, now wants custody
    My Friends Ex wife signed over custoday to him 3 years ago.
    She did have the kids once after the break up. Before the divorce, and couldn't handle it, she told him to come pick them up.
    After the divorce she signed over all her parental rights to him.
    Three years later she has a job, and taking him to court to get full custody of the kids.
    What are her legal rights here?
    She is claiming she left because of emotional abuse. He is a great father and is financially stable, the kids are 5, 10, and 13. Doing great in school etc.
    He lives in one state and she's in another.
    What will a judge do in a case like this?
    Do you think it will come down to asking the father for visitations?
    She's going into this looking pretty bad...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
    When she signed over custody was it though the courts and done legally.
    Has she been paying child support all these years ( signing over rights has nothing to do with child support)

But if she can show emotional abuse ( real proff) I would not be surprised at anything Ihave seen a hooker that said she was to support the kids, get her kids back from a businessman who earned big money, big house and more.

So what he needs to do is hire the best most dirty fighting attorney they can find

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father parental rights? [ 7 Answers ]

I havent seen my son in about 5 years or so even though we live a stone throw away. I have always acknowledged him with each birthday and xmas too. He is seven years of age and my ex partner has a new life as I do too. I have tried to hide my pain over these years hoping she'd have the decency...

Parental Rights of a Mother [ 9 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked frequently on these boards, but it seems fathers are the ones asking it. Is it possible for a mother to relinquish parental rights to the father of a child, and terminate all contact and support? As far as details, I currently live in NJ, and the child lives...

Mother Giving Up Parental Rights [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if an emotionally abusive woman wants out of a marriage and doesn't love or want anything to do with her kids can she get out of custody and child support in any state in the US? My wife has been throwing this in my face and has me worried.

Father wants to relinquish parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania. My daughter is almost 6 years old. Her biological father has not seen her since she was 12 days old but he has been paying child support for about 6 months now. I've been remarried for 4 1/2 years and my daughter has known my new husband as her father since she was 7...

Father relinquishing parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Please advise me how to relinquish my paental rights. My child's mother wants nothing to do with me and does not want me in the child's life.

View more questions Search