Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike6019 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Update alert
    I keep get a popup with the following"Update Alert" New version is available.Would you you like to download and install."I can click yes or no but nothing happens. How do I get rid of this?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Could be a trojan or spyware. Disconnect your internet.

Then run the usual maintenance procedures. Spybot, Adaware, ccleaner. Run in safe mode.

Also follow Curlyben's advice here, see second post.
    mike6019 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 08:23 PM
    How Do I Get Rid Of "update Alert" I Tried Every That Was Suggested?
    I found out I have a Troj-generi and I can't clean it or quaratine it either.Could this troj be the problem and how can I get rid of it
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 08:27 PM
    you should be able to close the window by clicking the x in the top corner, don't click yes or no, does it say what the update is for? Maybe it's not spyware or a virus, to be sure its not spyware run spybot search & destroy, I don't know if this program was suggested but it's a free download.

Mar 16, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Can you try a system restore? Choose a date as far back as possible, or before this started to happen.

Mar 16, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Could it be this spyware? Call spydawn?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to network red alert 2? [ 7 Answers ]

I have two PC connected.. I format both PC and I saved the folder of red alert 2.. When I tried to play in lan setting there is no ipx available.. What should I do? Help me please..

Bogus new version is available (update alert pop up) [ 8 Answers ]

Every few minutes I receive a bogus new version is available (update alert pop up) I have tried every spy ware and virus detector and even looked in the registery and need a way to stop this.

Major RED Alert! [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural dirty dishwater brown with gray and normally color my hair with a "light reddish blonde" tint that actually always came out strawberry blonde for me. Well last night I decided to try "brilliant Copper" since my hair always came out so much lighter than advertised. Well needless to...

Air Alert Program [ 2 Answers ]

Does the program air alert makes you stop growing?? I'm 16 years old, 6 feet tall, 140 pounds, and I started this program like 2 days ago and I am wondering is it going to make me stop growing, and my muscles hurt a little, I over worked them I guess lool, canyone help?? /

Red alert 2 in lan [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 windows xp pcs , connected together by direct 100Mbps ( no hub or switch ) one of them is the internet gateway I want to play multiplayer with them , what is the setting that I need to do it , and how to do it ?

View more questions Search