Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 02:30 PM
    German name for a boat
    Hi all!

I'm looking for ideas to name my dad's boat; only he wants it to be in German. Does anyone know any good mottos or german quotes that are short and realative in some way (however distant) to boats or the ocean?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

(and just because I know iit's going to come up; my dad's German or part anyway thus the german name).
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 03:34 PM

Hi gernald, don't worry about explaining your dad's origins. I think it is kind of a great idea, but seeing as Germany was never, in all its history, a world class sea power, I have been wracking my brain trying to think of something appropriate for you. This may take some time.

Tick
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Hi, Gernald!

What's your dad's first name, please?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 11:54 PM

What I found Germany seems kind of famous for its U boats, PT boats and torpedoes
    Maybe something along those lines?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Gernald!

What's your dad's first name, please?

Thanks!
    My dads name is Don.

He really likes "Nothing in Excess" he thinks it's funny; but does anyone know how it translates, I think it's nichts uber or Nichts zoviel??

Thanks all for the suggestions they're really handy!
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Mother German- do I qualify for German passport? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother who is now deceased was born in Germany. She obtained American citizenship. Is there any chance that I can obtain a German passport?

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search