Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jane sherwill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
    how to overcome jealousy
    Hi My husband of 27 years continues to remember and remind me of his ex wife's birthday every year, although he will constantly forget mine. I have tried to tell him that it hurts me and makes me feel of little value but each year it is the same .I am tired of feeling resentful and hurt how do I move on emotionally.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Ask him why he is so obsessed with her birthday after 27 years and what does he expect you to do about it
    Or you could just say, "Yeah, just like the rest of us she is aging right along with us!"
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2008, 05:23 AM
    I do not think that the exwife is more important to him than you are... he is with you and not with her. It is just stupid of him to forget your birthday but remembering hers has nothing to do with you. Work on selfesteem don't be insecure of yourself, love yourself.. you're worth it!

Make a list with all the positive things you have inside... you'll see there is nothing wrong with you!
    crue_boo Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2008, 08:09 PM
    What the hell... honestly man I'd SMACK HIM! That's RUDE especially after 27 years. Please tell me that you've told him that it pisses you off! Lol.. like... its one thing that he remembers her birthday :S... but does he have to announce it? Omg.. I think I know what this is. Sometimes guys play a little to gain some sense of wanted-ness. It's no biggie that he forgets your birthday because I doubt you talk about it lots.. but maybe he brings up his ex's b-day for his own fun.
    This is another explanation... he doesn't spend everyday with his ex-wife.. obviously... but he DOES spend everyday with you right? So everyday to him is another day with his loving wife who he loves the same every day, so there is no increase in thought about the specific day in his subconscious mind, although... since he does NOT see his ex all the time, certain dates could just bring up memories. That sounds confusing.. hmm.. but let me sum it up...

My ex boyfriends birthday was October 3rd. I know this, and this date is one of the only things that makes me think about my ex, so it is very singled out in my train of thought. My current boyfriend's birthday is December 11th; now although I know of his birth date, when the time actually comes, I'm already spending most of my time with him so nothing leads me to expect something different. So hard to explain lol but I just don't like people feeling jealous when they shouldn't because you should know from my first reaction to this post, I sounded pissed, putting myself in your shoes.

Jun 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
    I'm a jealous jealous girl lol
    taytortot Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Hello I cn help you with this problem I hope this can help you a bit if your husband keps remebering your xs birdays and not yours I think that might be a little mean its OK if he remebers his xs girlfriends birthdays its OK as long as hedosent do anything to her but I know how you feel its like your in the back of the room tell him how you really feel make sure he understands that it hurts you if he continues go to a councular just so everythings OK :) I hope you could help you

-tay
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 21, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crue_boo
    What the hell...honestly man I'd SMACK HIM! Thats RUDE especially after 27 years.
    I agree fully. <G>

Just what does he say when you tell him how it makes you feel?

Maybe it's time for payback. Did you have anyone special before him that he knows about? You could pretend to be acknowledging their b'day and forget his... :D

Jun 22, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Im the queen of payback.. lol... but it always relates to what my boyfriend did to me. If he treats me with disrespect or tries to be controlling... I throw it RIGHT back at him and then he's like... whats your problem!! And I yell the same thing back, and THEN he notices I'm playing with him. Lol you should show him how it feels... dont hurt him though :P
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 28, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crue_boo View Post
    im a jealous jealous girl lol
    All of your responses, in all of your posts show your immaturity, and a lack of giving any useful information on this forum. I feel for your unborn child, if these are the moral standards with which he/she will be raised. Your advice to the OP is to 'SMACK HIM?", and then you say it is in your genes? Bull! Is that what you are going to teach your child? I think you should spend more time on getting an education before this poor baby of yours is born, than sitting on here giving ill-advice, you should be going to school or working! Then you wouldn't have time to smoke pot, drink, have unprotected sex, smoke, borrow money for pregnancy tests, try to find out how to be on welfare so that the rest of us can raise your child, that your 'fiancee' will likely not stick around to support either! Absolutely ridiculous!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I overcome this? [ 4 Answers ]

All the time I try to date a girl, it normally failed. Who can help me out there with advice on how to overcome this problem and be the best in this way.

Overcome shyness [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a junior in high school and I still haven't had a real boyfriend. Well, I've had those fake relationships in like 8th grade, but I haven't really had a boyfriend. A lot of guys like flirt with me and I flirt back but since I'm so shy it never goes further than that. It sucks because it seems...

How to overcome my jealousy [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé since aug 06, and am so jealous, he has a friend who is a girl but I have overcome that issue there is nothing going on, but look through his mobile phone and in his wallet. I found a condom in his wallet, but we don't even use them anymore. Why is it there then. Found...

How do you overcome fears? [ 5 Answers ]

My cousin is afraid to leave his mother and spend the night with others. What should he do? If you have any ideas of what he should do to overcome his fear please respond back ASAP!

View more questions Search