Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rikdiy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Installing sewage ejector system in basement, know that pit requires separate vent from drain. Existing vent is a 3inch pipe off main feed to septic system between toilet and septic which goes straight to the roof with no other vents tieing in. Can I tie in pit vent to this pipe or the sink vent ?

Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Milo's "bang on"! The pit vent MUST be dedicated and not connect with any other house vents, However, the fixture vent's another issue. You may,
    1. Run it out the roof
    2. revent back above another fixtures vent providing it's dry to the roof and you connect at least 6" above the fixtures flood rim
    3. revent back to a existing roof vent in the attic **OR**
    4. If AAVs are allowed in your area you could vent the fixtures with a "cheater vent".

Good luck, Tom
    ThanksTom
    Answers my question. But I have one more, Do I require a vent on the toilet which will be between the sink (which will be vented) and the ejector tank?

Do I require a vent on the toilet if its between the sink (which will be vented)and the ejector tank (also ventto roof)?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 08:54 AM
    No, you cannot connect it to the existing 3" vent. Sewer ejector requires its own, dedicated vent. You need to run new 2" vent all the way to the roof. If you connect to the 3" septic vent than you will be drawing septic sewer gases into sewer ejector. Back to you. Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Milo's "bang on"! The pit vent MUST be dedicated and not connect with any other house vents, However, the fixture vent's another issue. You may,
    1. Run it out the roof
    2. revent back above another fixtures vent providing it's dry to the roof and you connect at least 6" above the fixtures flood rim
    3. revent back to a existing roof vent in the attic **OR**
    4. If AAVs are allowed in your area you could vent the fixtures with a "cheater vent".

Good luck, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
    May depend on distance from toilet to pit. Mine runs about 4ft and dumps right into the pit.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Do I require a vent on the toilet which will be between the sink (which will be vented) and the ejector tank?
    I have answered this in a earlier post but I'll answer it again.
    You will not need a additional vent on the toilet if wet vents are allowed in your area. You toilet's already wet vented. Check with your local Building Department to be sure. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Ejector Pump With no Venting? [ 14 Answers ]

I just purchased a home that utilizes a sewer ejection pump for all of the plumbing in the house. Where the vent pipe comes up out of the seal on the floor it comes up about 2 feet above the floor and then it is capped? There is absolutely nowhere above that capped vent pipe where it could have...

Venting a sewage basin and ejector pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a finished basement with an unfinished basement bath. It is plumbed under the slab to a standard sewage basin. The problem lies in venting the basin if I wish to finish the bathroom and install a sewage pump. I do not have access to any pre-existing vent stacks, but do have easy access to...

Another sewage ejector venting issue [ 3 Answers ]

I'm installing a qwik-jon sewage ejector in the basement. The 2" discharge liine will tie into existing 4" drain after about a 2 foot lift. My problem... The only existing vent line I can access is the 1 1/2" vent from the washing machine drain. Is it possible to tie in the 3" vent line from...

Sewage Ejector--Venting problmes [ 1 Answers ]

My friend just brought a house with a sewage ejector which only serves the bathroom in the basement. We always smell some kind of damp smell in the basement,particularly the area closed to the bathroom. Does it possibby cause by the venting problem of the sewage ejector? We check all the pipes...

How to Vent Sewage Ejector System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a basement bathroom that will utilize a sewage ejector system since the sewer main line is above the floor. Since there is no easy chase to run a vent line three stories up to the roof, can I vent through a side exterior wall of the house? Can the line be capped...

View more questions Search