Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GILLY3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Claiming benefits
    Im Divorcing My Husband And Would Like To Know If Im Entitled To Any Benefits And If I Can Be Rehoused Off The Council I Have 2 Grown Up Children With Me They R 22 And 19
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2007, 06:53 AM
    You need to get a solictor (I assume you are in the UK by your reference to the Council) to determine what your rights are and to negotiate a divorce settlement.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 07:13 AM
    What benefits are you speaking of? If you mean health insurance, the answer is no since once you divorce you'd no longer be an eligible dependent. If your soon-to-be ex-husband has a pension, you will be entitled to a portion of that when he retires and begins collecting on it, depending on how many years you were married while he was paying into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming 3 [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is claiming 3 and is wonder if there is some kind of formula to tell how much money he is going to get back on his taxes, or if there is not enough being taken out and he needs to change it to claim less. Does anyone know where I can find any information to help him?

Claiming a dependent [ 1 Answers ]

When filing taxes can two individuals claim the same dependent for 6 months each, if the dependent was in the household for six months.

Claiming Children [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a person get back for each child in North Carolina?

Claiming tax benefits for dependednt spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in US from last 8 months on H1 B visa in IL. My spouse will be joining me in November on H4 visa and we are planning to go back to india by mid December. When I file my returns, can I file considering my spouse as dependednt. My spouse is having job and getting salary in india. ...

View more questions Search