Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill_boyd2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Claiming Children
    How much does a person get back for each child in North Carolina?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
    You get an exemption of $700 per dependent claimed. How much you get back as a result of that exemption depends on your income level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Claiming Down payment as deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I am a first time home owner. My question is whether I can claim DOWN PAYMENT on my home which I paid, as a deduction from taxes. Thanks a lot for all this help.

Claiming children on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My ex seems to think that he is qualified to claim both children on taxes this year... we have joint custody and have each claimed one child for the 3 yrs since we've been divorced.. last yr I went back to school, so my income was lower since I didn't work a full year, but I do have income from...

Claiming dependent [ 1 Answers ]

I've had joint custody of my daughter for 7 yrs. I am wondering if I can claim her on my taxes every other year. I have called the child support agency here and just get the run around they could give me an answer. But it seemed to be OK with the mother. Thank for any help

View more questions Search