Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akakiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Nudity and Alcohol at a Private Party
    I live in NY State and am trying to start a local nudist group on Long Island. I would like to meet at a bar because the alcohol is already there. These are not sex parties but social nudist parties However, I believe that in NY there is a law that nudity cannot exist where alcohol is served. However, since we are outside the bars normal business hours, isn't it considered a Private Party? Please let me know if I can use this reasoning with a bar owner to host a party at their place. Thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 11:27 AM

Write the ABC board and get their opinion in writing - if it's favorable, hand that to the bar owner. The bar owner, of course, can make his own rules because it's place of business and the Township may also have laws on the books concerning this.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Hello a:

Booze? Nekid chicks? Where do I sign up?

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello a:

Booze? Nekid chicks? Where do I sign up?

excon

I think you have to be a resident of NY in order to join - which, by the way, I am - :D I also do bar surveillances and I'm always looking for a sidekick so you may want to apply for the job.

I trust the men will be nekkid as well?

(Is nekkid spelled with one "k" or two?)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 12:11 PM

Mentioning Nekkid can always change the conversation... :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2008, 01:34 PM

Interesting, Can I get a job in the Coat check room? <eg>

Seriously, I believe, that as long as the bar is closed to the general public, then no laws would be broken.

I did find a article in which a federal judge rules that a similar law in Daytona Beach was unconstituional.

Alcohol and Nudity

I suspect a NY judge would go with the federal ruling if it came to court.

The problem I see here is that most nudists are naturalists. And, I don't think drinking is something they would be really into.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 05:55 PM

I practiced gymnosophy when I was 18-22 and that was at a converted farm in New Jersey in the mountains. They had no alcohol on the premises but did have a huge covered heated pool. Swimming sans suit is a lovely experience. They had a huge loft upstars in the farm house - one side for men and the other side for females. Even though married couples and single people spent the night there was no cohabitating allowed. We even gave plays and charged admission and had the State Police there for crowd control. One night we had to give 3 separate performances as so many people showed up for the comedy play called "Barely Proper". I played Mitzi Baer and wore a tennis racket and tennis shoes. Ah, to be 18 again!

Seriously, I don't think the alcohol would be appropriate as most gymnosophists don't drink.
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I practiced gymnosophy when I was 18-22 and that was at a converted farm in New Jersey in the mountains. They had no alcohol on the premises but did have a huge covered heated pool. Swimming sans suit is a lovely experience. They had a huge loft upstars in the farm house - one side for men and the other side for females. Even though married couples and single people spent the night there was no cohabitating allowed. We even gave plays and charged admission and had the State Police there for crowd control. One night we had to give 3 separate performances as so many people showed up for the comedy play called "Barely Proper". I played Mitzi Baer and wore a tennis racket and tennis shoes. Ah, to be 18 again!

Seriously, I don't think the alcohol would be appropriate as most gymnosophists don't drink.

Guess what I'm racing off to look up on the Internet - I thought I was racy because I went to topless beaches!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 06:23 PM

I once drove through NY, do I qualify as a resident?
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:48 PM

Judy - you've got to stop doing that. I had a mouthful of hot cocoa that just ended up all over my flat screen!!

It's true. I'll admit it. Johnny Carson even showed his tickets to Barely Proper on his late night show and then attended the performance the next night. They didn't allow photos though of the play. Everyone loved it. It was a very funny play. Interestingly enough it was written by a German who never went to a nudist camp. In total we gave 15 performances that summer. And yes, the audience had to keep their clothes on.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2008, 07:08 PM
    There is a beach in Gateway National Park at the end of the Rockaways in NYC. Before and after it became an national park, one end was a clothing optional beach. Though not sanctioned as such the police sort of looked the other way.

I say sort of because there was always a large police presence <eg>. So much so, that it was a beach I could ride my bicycle to and leave the bike chained to the railing at the entrance without worrying about it be stolen.
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 07:10 PM

Many years ago Singer Island in Florida (in Palm Beach County) had a nude beach. I went there a few times. I am sure they've changed it by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I serve Alcohol Beverages at a Private Party [ 4 Answers ]

I am thinking of having a private party in which I would like to serve Alcohol beverages. Can anyone tell me how I can do so without a liquor license? It will not be a cash bar, however, there will be a bar and a charge at the door to enter.

How do I get car title from a private party [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a car from a friend. Have had the car for over a year and it is paid off. The friend said he was working on getting the lost title but I never got it. He has since moved to another state and refuses to return my call. I now have a car that I have no title to cannot register or get...

Private party leinholder [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to recover a vehicle that I let a man make monthly payments to me . I am not a finance company or bank. I'm a private party leinholder and so its states so on the title, the man is a month behind on his payment, I want to repo vehicle and hold it till he can come up with the money to...

Used Car Case - Private Party [ 6 Answers ]

I stay in California and I had bought the car just 2 months ago from a private party . The car needed some repairs ( Cold start problem ) and after I bought the car , the mechanic fixed the problem by placing some part in a tank overnight to clean it up and did some tuning on the car . Now I had...

California private party used car law [ 2 Answers ]

When buying a used car in California, does the buyer have any recourse if the car renders inoperative within 90 days of purchase and there is no written contract.

View more questions Search