Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daniinlove4you Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
    How do you prove you love your boyfriend?
    Ok so like, me and this guy have been talking for a long time, but he wants a real relationship, and I have a bad history with guys but I've never felt the way I do about him towards anyone else before... but he wants me to prove that I really do care and that I want hurt him like all the other, what could I do...
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
    You don't need to prove you won't hurt him. This is an issue he has to resolve with himself, as it's his paranoia. Assuming you haven't cheated on him, that is. So give him a bit of room. Let him know you won't, and that needs to be enough. Many relationships are destroyed because of one partner being too paranoid and controlling.

X Dani
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Sorry, my advice, dump him, ( unless you are just teens and don't know anything about real relationships at adult levels

You don't PROVE anything, there is no way to prove the way you feel, That is often a cheap trick to try to talk the girl into sex to prove their love.

But if there is no acceptance, not trust, then there is no relationshiop truly anyway
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Do you mind sharing how old you both are? What do you mean by you have a bad history with guys? Did you really hurt them or are you taking the blame?

How do you know this male? Are you talking in person as friends or by computer, texting, etc.

What does he mean by 'real relationship'? Do you share the same expectations for what a relationship should be?

The answer to the last question appears to be 'no' if it starts with you trying to become his equal instead of starting there. By asking you to 'prove' you won't hurt him and that you care for him, he is admitting that he doesn't respect and trust you as a partner. What will he ask you to 'prove' to him next so that he feels secure in the relationship?

Something to think about, the more you try to 'prove' something to someone the more proof they want and need. If you are continually trying to 'prove' you care and 'prove' that you won't hurt him, it will begin to damage the respect you have for yourself. You will begin to question if you can ever give him enough to be equal with him.

Don't get into a relationship with him or anyone else until you understand that you are an equal partner with nothing to prove. Make certain that you aren't blaming yourself for things that happened in the past and that you have fully let go of the past. Build up confidence in yourself so that you feel secure whether you are in a relationship or not. Let him deal with his own insecurities. If he wants a guarantee that the relationship will work out before it even begins, then he has his own issues to overcome. There are no guarantees in life no matter how much we wish there were.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I prove to my boyfriend that I love him, and he can trust me? [ 6 Answers ]

We've been together 6 months now, and before I dated him he was my best friend, and I dated his friend for a month or less, and it was nothing serious, just casual dating. Every time me and my boyfriend argue he brings up my past relationship and say all kind of mean things like he doesn't love...

How do you prove to your boyfriend you love him more than anything? [ 3 Answers ]

All right, so me and my boyfriend have been together for two in a half years. And I don't feel like I'm proving how much I care for him&how much I love him. Of course I tell him I love him all the time, but that seems like its getting old. I need something new, something spectacular, to show him I...

How do you prove your boyfriend you love them [ 3 Answers ]

Well me and my boyfriend have been together for 8 months and I've been not a very good girlfriend I mean he askd me a ? The other day ] I said I don't know but I truly love him and would nvr do that to him now he wants me 2 prove to him that I love him I need help

How to prove that you love your boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best I could say into my boyfriend?

How Do I prove my boyfriend that I do love him [ 4 Answers ]

How do I prove to my boyfriend that I really love HIM?

View more questions Search