Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassie2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Selling home
    I realize I ask this question earlier in the wrong place. Is it possible to sell your home if it is listed in your bankruptcy?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
    If you do, the proceeds of the sale WILL be seized by the bankruptcy court to settle your debts.

Sort of defeats the reason you filed for bankruptcy to begin with, don't you think?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling your Home [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to sell your home if it is named in your bankruptcy?

Mother is selling her home [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is 77 and is about to sell her home and move in with me her daughter. She only gets social security. Will she have to pay taxes on that money. She is scared she can't put it in the bank because it would stop her social security. Is there an amount of money you can have in the bank and...

Selling Home Under Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in selling my home under bankruptcy. What are my successful chances of doing this and what is the best route to go about doing this.

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search