Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassie2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Selling your Home
    Is it possible to sell your home if it is named in your bankruptcy?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Hello Cassie:

I think it is.

excon
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Aug 13, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Yes. But, when you get a bonifide offer, you have to get a court order form the Judge presiding over the Bankruptcy. The Trustee for the Court will determine if it is a fair and equitable sales price. The Trustee may get a fee from the proceeds. You should tell your real estate agent that the property is included in the BK. But in some areas the Multiple Listing Service doesn't require that the fact that there is a Bankruptcy involved has to be included in the listing information, even though the Real Estate Agent knows. (Knowing that a property is "distressed" could cause the buyer to offer less than the true market value and the desperate seller may accept an otherwise unacceptable offer.) Most Real Estate Agents are unfamiliar with the complexities of selling a property that is included in Bankruptcy. Check around until you find one that can at least answer the points above. It can be done and it is sometimes well worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord is selling her home. [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Alabama. I have been renting the house I'm in for 9 months. My landlord just told me today that she has put her house on the market awhile ago. What is the maximum amount of time do I have to stay in this house since she didn't put me out. And do I owe her rent for the next month if I do...

Landlord selling home in MA [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord is selling our home, we are on the second floor and landlord has never lived on site. We have been here for 9 years. What if any rights do we have regarding letting real estate agents into our home? How much notice, can we specify certain times. After the home is bought how long do...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Ch13 and selling your home [ 1 Answers ]

I have been paying on a ch13 debt, but my mortgage was not included in that payback arrangement. I am ready to sell my home right now- do I need to go through my bankruptcy lawyer still? What happens to the profits made on the home? Whatever I make on my home will not payback the amount I owe....

View more questions Search