Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacky34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
    What's the very old film with female missionary in china faces down an axe man
    I watched this many years ago and it was old then so must be 1950s or earlier! May have been in black and white.after she faces down the axe man, who was attaching other prisoners, one of the prisoners helps her save several children by taking them on a long journey. The missionary tries to stop the chinese women from binding the babies feet and old women volunters to have the wrappings taken off her feet but pain it would cause might kill her! I have been trying to remember the title for years so any help would be appreciated
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Nov 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Saw this on a lazy Sunday a few months ago.
    Found it by searching IMDb - Plots: 'China' 'Missionary'

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (1958) - Plot summary
    jacky34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
    Thank you so much, you don't know how long I've been trying to remember the title. I thought that it may have been a famous actress but could not think who- it was Ingrid Bergman. Now I can buy it only £4.98 on Amazon! Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant missionary daughter going to war zone [ 21 Answers ]

My grown, married, high risk pregnant daughter is leaving to do Christian missionary work in a war country this week. This is tearing my family apart. Although she is going to a relatively "safe" part of that country, it still is hard for my family to accept. They strongly feel as though she has...

80s UK children's Film - what's it called? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I watched a film when I was about 10 I think, so its early to mid eighties, set in England about a little girl who makes friends with a rabbit who wears a top hat (a man dressed in a rabbit outfit that is). She is the only person who can see him, until the end of the film. He has a tree...

Sealant (pipe dope) on faces of union [ 3 Answers ]

I have a union that I just can't get to seal. The fluid in the pipe is off-road diesel fuel. The pressure is less than 50 psi. The fitting is a 1-1/2 npt iron union with a brass face. I'm getting desperate. I'm thinking about disassembling it (yet again... ), drying it off, and applying a...

What's this film? [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with the name of this film I saw a few years ago. I think its got that bloke out of Rocky and Bullwinkle in it, though I can't remember his name. He gets a job as a cabbie, drives a few people about and then goes mental, and starts shooting people. Any feedback on this would...

View more questions Search