Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 08:04 PM
    My husband does not want to make love with me?
    Hi, I am 38 and my husband and I have been married for almost 9 years. We have a lovely set of twin, now 4 and our son is autistic. We have not made love for at least three months after I was told by my husband that he no longer finds me attractive and has not initiated sex with me once since the twins were born. Every time I bring it up and get all emotional about this he says that I am backing him into a corner. He says he loves me but to me I don't feel loved or cherished. I don't know if I can live without intimacy from the man I love. Women are put together differently I want to express my love to him with intimacy. I might add that he has bipolar as well - don't know what to do.? :mad:
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Carena, my first thought would be marriage counseling. And my second is to give him space. When you don't want to do something and someone asks you to, does it make you want to do it more? I think you two need to get serious soon with a little therapy. Good luck, I know this is hard but you really need to ask him if he would be willing to go... ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
    It is very possible that he has in his mind, sex leads to kids, and you have a autistic child. So is there still possible to be pregnant, is that an issue hiden he is not talking about, Is he taking the blame for a autistic child and having performace issues.
    Is his bipolar doing something either with performance or with his mental state over the family.

Sounds like a poster child for family counseling.
    maiwest Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

May 13, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carena
    Hi, I am 38 and my husband and I have been married for almost 9 years. We have a lovely set of twin, now 4 and our son is autistic. We have not made love for at least three months after I was told by my husband that he no longer finds me attractive and has not initiated sex with me once since the twins were born. Every time I bring it up and get all emotional about this he says that I am backing him into a corner. He says he loves me but to me I don't feel loved or cherished. I don't know if I can live without intimacy from the man I love. Women are put together differently I want to express my love to him with intimacy. I might add that he has bipolar as well - don't know what to do.????:mad:
    I agree that you both may need to go undergo marriage counseling. Also, you can ask him what part in you does he find unattractive. I feel sorry for you. Intimacy is a way to strengthen a couple's bond. God bless. Hope things will be all right in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriends in jail and I want to make him my husband. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail. And I want to marry him. I can't find no information on anything. Can someone help me out hereeee? Lol Who's been in these shoes?

My husband won't make me a priority in his life [ 4 Answers ]

We have been married almost two years and together for 3 years. My husband works for his father who by the way is a Toxic parent. I even have toxic in-laws. I also have a career; however at 5:00pm I leave work for the day and go home. I always call my husband on my way home and he tells me he...

Hating helping my husband make a 4.0 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has a lot of pressure from his job to take a few college courses. The only trouble is that he claims that he is not any good at school and has a hard time understanding what the classes are teaching. He has asked for my help. I decided to help him with the first class (on a subject I am...

How do I make my husband fall in love with me again [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 8 years. We've only been married going on 2 years, I'm 23 and he's 26. We also have a 2 1/2 year old boy. For the past a little over 2 years we have been addicted to drugs, mainly pain pills. Right now we are not living together but talk everyday and see each...

Make husband jealous to really want me again---how [ 1 Answers ]

My husband says he loves me and I know he does but how do I make him really truly want me again. I want him not to even look at another women without thinking of me. Yeah-Yeah I know that's not likely----he's a man. When we began our relationship we couldn't get enough of one another-----I want...

View more questions Search