Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pyrojack2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Never knew password
    I recently purchased hp laptop from eBay and it has a power on password which I was gave but has a log on password that I do not know and would like to find out how to bypass this password so I can use the laptop
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Can't you get the 2nd password from the seller?
    zz1958 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrojack2004
    i recently purchased hp laptop from ebay and it has a power on password which i was gave but has a log on password that i do not know and would like to find out how to bypass this password so i can use the laptop
    Windows XP stores password information in encrypted files called SAM files. A Google search for SAM file editor will return plenty of results, and you'll find several programs that you can burn to a bootable CD and use to edit these files. I've never personally had to use one of these, so I can't recommend one. Using these editors can render your computer unusable if anything goes wrong. The risk involved in doing this makes an absolute last resort. ANY error in this will corrupt files and LOCK YOU OUT of Windows at best; it will destroy your Windows install and force a reformat at worst.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking Vicodin before I knew I was pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! As you guys might know, I recently found out I am pregnant! I am very excited about this, but now I am freaking out because before I even knew I was pregnant, I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and took Vicodin and went under anesthesia. Could that hurt my baby? Will my baby be healthy. I...

I knew the Holiday would hurt [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, I was just sitting here thinking about how horrible this is to be the Holiday and not be with her. I am sure she is not thinking this way, I wish I wasn't. I hate that I can't seem to get past this. It still amazes me that this is where I am. I guess feeling sad and alone is just part of...

Wish I knew who sings this song, do you? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the alternative rock song with a fast groove and cool beat with these lyrics? All I want to do is to thank you even though I don't know who you are. You let me change lanes while I was driving in my car. Thanks, Shar1

Drinking before I knew I was Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I Just Recently Found Out I Am Three Months Pregnant. I Am Very Excited But Scared Because I Just Went To A Christmas Party On Friday And Got Very Drunk. That Was The Very First Time In A Long Time That I Had A Drink. I Had Been Very Busy With School And Work And I Just Finished Finals So I Was...

Wish I knew... [ 2 Answers ]

All readings appreciated. I fell hard for this gentleman at work. Can anyone tell me if he has developed strong feelings for me too?

View more questions Search