Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freberd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Underslab plumbing info to septic
    Hello,

I am trying to put plumbing in for a future bathroom in our garage(Washington state). We need to make corrections for the inspector. He is not overly helpful.:confused:

We need to do a pressure test with 10ft of head pressure. Is this done just on the outside sewer pipe? Or on the inside abs pipe? Or both?

Any suggestions would be great, we need to get this ready for a test on Monday. Is there somewhere to go to find codes? I can not find any thing online for Mason county, WA

iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
    It's done on any parts of the waste system that is new.

You need to cap everything that is new off and then fill the system with water.

If all of the waste piping is done, then you just need to fill the waste piping up with water until it overflows through the vent going through the roof.

If it's just groundwork, then you need to add ten feet of pipe to the highest vertical line and fill it to overflowing with water.

The inspector in Mason County is a by-the-book kind of guy and he isn't going to cut you much (if any) slack.
    freberd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Sounds great, we just want to do it right so we can get are floor poured next week.

I called and talked to an inspector in the office and he said we only want you to pressure test the inside. I hung up and I am thinking that is not the impression I got from the site inspector (he was talking about the septic tank end)

So we figure we will test them both at the same time.

Thanks for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Tank [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house 2 years ago that was approximately 2 years old. It has a septic tank. Lately I've been smelling an odor in my master bathroom (stronger in the morning) and now I'm starting to smell it in my master bedroom. The master bedroom and bath are on the opposite side of the house from...

Where is my septic tank? [ 12 Answers ]

Closing on my 1st house soon and I want to find out the condition of the tank.. unfortunately the seller is just flipping the house so he doesn't know.. generally how far and how deep are septic tanks.. I see a very big cast iron pipe in the basement leading out.are the tanks always in a straight...

Septic odor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a smoke test on the septic be done by the home owner? I have a foul odor coming in my house from somewhere when I use the water.

Septic system [ 1 Answers ]

My system is 2 1/2 years old. The year of install we had major amounts of rain. This past year was a dry one all summer. My soil was graded moderate and I have 750 feet of leach. According to the sanitation dept. we have low usage for water. We also stopped washing on the same day. Ever since the...

Septic/new toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building a studio behind my house with a half bath. Can I hook it up to the existing septic? How far can it be from the septic? Thanks.

View more questions Search