Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lirace05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 10:21 PM
    HIPAA violation to mention to my doctor that a friend got poor treatment?
    I referred a friend of mine to one of my doctors a while ago and he has since cancelled his appointments with my doctor and gone with another physician due to the office staff constantly calling to reschedule his appt. When it was time for me to go in for an appt I mentioned to my doctor that I was rather disappointed with this because I had raved to my friend about how great a doctor they were and was embarrassed about the treatment my friend got. My doctor claimed to be unaware of this situation and proceeded to call my friend and apologize and begged him to come in for an appt the next day. My friend agreed and went in for the appointment but has since decided to go to another doctor anyway saying he can't get over the initial situation. Now he is saying that just the doctor talking to me about him is a huge HIPAA violation and is going to report the office. Is this really a HIPAA violation since no medical information was disclosed or is my friend overreacting? I don't want my doctor's office to get into trouble for me expressing my displeasure.

Check out some similar questions!

State employed doctor violated my hipaa rights [ 9 Answers ]

I had filed a grievence against my nurse supervisor and was ordered to do FIT FOR WORK testing. The doctor who is over all the state employed nurses gave my PHI to the mediator of my grievence, I had filed another grievence about refusing to sign a blank medcial release of my medical records,...

Ny penalty for violating HIPAA by a doctor who sent residents into two different hosp [ 5 Answers ]

Please help me. I was in a hospital in 2010. Upstate NY. A doctor sent two residents into two different hospitals to retrieve my records. I know that this is a felony twice over. What are my rights?

Doctor violation of HIPAA law [ 6 Answers ]

Dr.A. access' Dr. B's patient medical charts(there has never been a reason/need for them to share patient medical info), embellishing the charts with false information and sends the patient files along with an anonymous complaint to the state medical board. Is this a HIPAA violation? How does Dr....

Is emailing a doctor a HIPAA violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I emailed my doctor regarding a health issue. I found out later he was out for a period and contacted his associate through a nurse. Today, the doctor returned and read my email. I was contacted by a nurse that said that I cannot email the doctor because it IS a HiPPA violation. She said it was not...

Hipaa Violations by a Doctor [ 7 Answers ]

If a person fell at a restaurant and was injured, sought medical treatment. The doctor told the owner of the restaurant that the person's injuries was exaserbated by his weight. Is this OK?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.