Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Talk to Steve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 04:59 AM
    Just wondering
    Just wondering but why do people prefer macs over PCs I mean you will buy a mac and sure it'll be OK for a while but then you will be left behind by PC's there more versitile to upgrade and you won't get laughed at when people ask what you have.
    I have a friend with a Mac he can clapp his hands very well.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Macs pioneered the graphical interface in a production OS. There were designed to do graphics better and be easier. However, because of pricing issues IBM compatible machines grabbed an overwhelming market share. Because of that, developers wrote primarily for the larger market. This allowed PCs to catch up in most areas.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 02:02 PM
    A Macs upgrade path is limited only by the machine you choose to buy.

'All-in-one' Macs generally have little or no upgrade path -- While the towers have the same expansive upgrade path as PC's.

And the nice thing about the new Intel based Macs is that you can now run Windows or any flavor of Linux natively on the system.

I regularly run Win XP natively on my Dual Core Mac without any issues at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering [ 8 Answers ]

I am a week late with AF and I tested two days ago and it was negative. I did not think any thing of it since eight months ago I was on the Depo Shot. I just got my AF back in June and in July but it is August and I have not had one. In June and July when I did have my period I had majo pregnancy...

Wondering? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought Proactiv Solution for my acne... I was wondering if anyone here uses or ever used this product and did it really improve the acne on your skin? So far it's been a week and a half using it, it has made my skin a lot more softer and I do notice a little clearing of my face but I...

Wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. First, I Want To Say That My Significant Other & I Are Wonderful. So I Have A Questions For The Experts. On 2/17/06, My Husband & I Made Love & A Week Prior To That Was My Ovulation Time. So Because We Are Married Sometimes My Husband And Are Choose To Have Sex Unprotected. So He...

Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period about two weeks ago and it was a normal period. Then a few days after I started to have a pinkish discharge it lasted a few days not enough for a pad so I was wondering could this mean I might be pregnant?

I'm wondering how far is to far? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am a 38 y/o lady and it seem that life is becoming almost to much to bear I'm no good at anything I do any more I have icolated myself for many years and I have contact with no one unless I need to I'm disabled and no one seems to understand enough is enough as far as that goes. My children...

View more questions Search