Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamaflower Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 01:53 PM
    Wondering
    I am a week late with AF and I tested two days ago and it was negative. I did not think any thing of it since eight months ago I was on the Depo Shot. I just got my AF back in June and in July but it is August and I have not had one. In June and July when I did have my period I had majo pregnancy symptoms, sore breast, frequent urination and tired. This month I felt dizzy and lightheaded, like I was getting a cold, exhausted and hungry but felt like if I ate anything I was going to be sick and my breast hurt a little bit. My husband is tired of wasting moment on hpt. What should I do, does it sound like I could be pregnant?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2006, 03:23 PM
    I would be hard pressed to say that you are pregnant. It can take a long time to recover after ending the depo.

How long were you on depo and how old are you? This is quite important info as our hormones bounce around with age, and the fact that you may still have a slight amount of depo in your syste.

Aug 15, 2006, 03:51 PM
    I actually was on the shot for six months and have been off it for eight months, I am 28 years old
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2006, 04:31 PM
    This could still be remnants of Depo.

Are you regular? What were the dates of your June and July period?

I would not spend any more money on hpt, at least not yet.

It can take up to 2 weeks after missed period for hCG to show up. I know there are tests designed to tell the day after the missed period, but that is not the case for every woman.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 15, 2006, 11:03 PM
    From personal experience with the depo shot... I was on it for about a year *never again* and it took 18 months for it to wear out of my system. I also skipped every other period after that. That shot puts your body into a post menopausal state and it takes a really long time for your body to recover from that. If you decide to go back on because I recommend choosing something other than depo. I would give your body another six months to readjust to your normal hormone level before jumping at the thought of pregnancy. I know how much you would like to become pregnant and that it's hard not to think "could this time be it". I did that a lot after I got off the depo. I would also suggest checking out this site if your actively trying to conceive. It will also help you understand how your body is coping with the change in hormone levels. Hope this helps.

www.fertilityfriend.com

Aug 16, 2006, 03:51 AM
    Thanks, That helps a lot. I will wait and No I am Never going on the shot again. I did not like the way it made me feel. My periods were regular before the shot now I have no idea what to think. My period in June was on the 8th and in July it was the 9th. So as you can see it can be confusing.

Aug 16, 2006, 06:25 AM
    I can totally understand how confusing it can be and how it makes you feel like crud. I lost all sex drive and gained almost 75lbs because of the side effects. You might also talk to your dr about getting on the pill for a few months to help straighted your cycle and give you the hormones that your lacking because of the depo. Just a thought.

Aug 16, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Yeah, I gained 60 lb and every symptom you can emagine I had. It was so depressing, I did take birth control after to regulate my cycle and then I got off it because of the side aeffects. It did help and then I did not get my period for 6 months. So I just want everything to get back to regular the natural way. I had never taken Birth control before and I have decided I will never take it again.

Aug 16, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Condoms are the best as far as I'm concerned... no hormones. I plan on getting the merina *s?* IUD after the babies are born. It's a low dose progesterone IUD instead of the copper one. Women in my family don't react well to copper. And it last five years and isn't permenent... I'll try it, if I don't like it though out it comes and it's like it was never there as far as hormones... and it's less permanet than getting my tubes tied... I don't want that. I can't change my mind with that one... lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought Proactiv Solution for my acne... I was wondering if anyone here uses or ever used this product and did it really improve the acne on your skin? So far it's been a week and a half using it, it has made my skin a lot more softer and I do notice a little clearing of my face but I...

Wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. First, I Want To Say That My Significant Other & I Are Wonderful. So I Have A Questions For The Experts. On 2/17/06, My Husband & I Made Love & A Week Prior To That Was My Ovulation Time. So Because We Are Married Sometimes My Husband And Are Choose To Have Sex Unprotected. So He...

Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period about two weeks ago and it was a normal period. Then a few days after I started to have a pinkish discharge it lasted a few days not enough for a pad so I was wondering could this mean I might be pregnant?

I'm wondering how far is to far? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am a 38 y/o lady and it seem that life is becoming almost to much to bear I'm no good at anything I do any more I have icolated myself for many years and I have contact with no one unless I need to I'm disabled and no one seems to understand enough is enough as far as that goes. My children...

View more questions Search