Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gadhale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 08:53 AM
    I-130 Approved
    Hi,
    My sister applied for I-130 in Jan,2004 for me and at that time I was In US and in July 2006 I went back to my home country and my sister got an approval notice for my I-130 and I am not sure what is my next step? Please guide me
    Thank you
    Anand
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 20, 2009, 01:30 PM

The case is an FB-4, petition for the brother/sister of a USC. The I-130 approval is the first step, the next is filing for your IV.

The filing date of Jan. 2004 is your priority date, which is like your place in line for the immigrant visa.

You don't mention your home country, so I can't tell you the exact date but for most countries, the FB-4 is now processing for cases with a PD of Dec. 22, 1998, so another 5 years or so.

After the PD is current, then you can file for the IV at the US consulate in your home country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I-485 be approved bfore I-140? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently. According to the processing times issued by the USCIS, the I-485 might get processed before the I-140. My questions is: what happens then? Will the USCIS put my I-485 on hold until the I-140 is processed? Can the I-485 be approved before the I-140...

Being approved for mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I have been working 2 part-time jobs in the Human Services field for the past four years. My schedule is very flexible-I can pick how many hours I want to work on any given week. Because it is a difficult field and I have been feeling a bit burned out-I started working 24 hours a week as an...

Working on OPT, but H1 approved [ 1 Answers ]

I am on F1 visa OPT, my H1 got approved since Oct 2008 but still I am working on OPT, as I need to get the stamping at the specified US consulate before I can enter the country back on H1. I am in the United States on F1 visa till now for these many days: 2006 – 158days 2007 – 365days 2008 –...

Applied for COS F2 to F1, H4 approved. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have applied for change of status from f2 to f1 to start full time studies from end of Sept, but I am worried if I will get the approval on time. I got approval for H4 which is to start on Oct1st. In case I don't get the f1 approval on time will I be eligible to start school from end of...

View more questions Search