Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisk Posts: 147, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2010, 03:41 PM
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome ?
    I have been experiencing bloating practically ever since I can remember. Late afternoon-night is when you'll be asking yourself if I'm pregnant. And this happens almost every day. I have been trying to find a pattern in what I eat, but the only thing I found out that definitely causes bloating and gaz is cheese. Other than that, it's not regular.

So today I decided to go to the doctor, just to ask if I could get checked for intolerance. I've heard about many people having this exam done and finding that they are intolerant to many things they hadn't even imagined. Anyway, the doctor said that I don't have enough symptoms to get tested(no diarrhea, nausea, just bloating and gaz) and she prescribed peperming oil pills that I should take daily. She also said that I might have a mild irritable bowel syndrome. I seem to remember my dad having that...

I'd just like to ask if you think pepermint oil is enough or if I really should go on and get tested ( and pay for it)? Is it worth it?

I'm looking forward to finding a solution to this, because it really is bothering me. Especially when I sleep with my boyfriend next to me, and sometimes it's so bad that I just can't retain any gas... and pretend he doesn't hear :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 04:09 PM

Has anyone tested to see if you are lactose intolerant? Has anyone scanned your ovaries? My sister is highly allergic to wheat and her symptoms got worse and worse - she's gluton intolerant.
    fisk Posts: 147, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2010, 04:18 PM

I don't think I'm lactose intolerant because milk in my coffee doesn't create any problems. It's pizza, pasta with cheese, etc, that I just can't seem to digest... No, no one has every tested me. I found a webpage online that says that you can send a hair and they can perform a test and tell you if you're intolerant. But, should I give the permission to people from a website to do a dna exam ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 04:22 PM

I wouldn't, no. I would find a real, live Physician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Returning Symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago I was diagnosed with IBS and my symptoms were really bad up until beginning of this year such as stomach pains, diarrhea, constipation, and mainly vomiting a lot. After having it treated and things had seemed to be back to normal for several months, I noticed I have been feeling...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with IBS and was wandering want a good treatment plan might be or any good home remedies. Any thoughts?

Irritable bowel yeah it is hell [ 12 Answers ]

I'm planning a huge move 12 hrs away I have never been lived anywhere else my panic attacks are real bad but now? OMG I have diahreah they call it nervous stomach well for 4 weeks now I gave up on eating its not worth the misery I leave next week. I lost like 10 lbs and can't afford to lose one! I...

Re I have irritable bowel disease and am concerned if you know if it is advisable to [ 2 Answers ]

I have irritable bowel disease and like to know if it is advisable to be taking a calicum supplement >Moved from Forum Help<

Irritable lips [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I take two micronor tablets each night (as I had frequent breakthrough bleeding when taking only one) and also take endep. Recently, after increasing the endep from 20 to 25 mg per evening, I woke with swollen and irritable lips. I've reduced the dose, the lip problem eased, but recurred some...

View more questions Search