Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moni1210 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 04:31 PM
    I think I am broke
    I could go in detail but not sure if that's OK. All of the men in my life as a child were not good, and I think that is what is messing me up today, some of the reason. Anyway, I truly do want to be more trusting, open, and honest but I can't. I don't do it purposely, it jut happens. What can I do? I am 39 even if I am not in another real relationship I would just like to work on this for me
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 04:40 PM

Being on your own for a while is a good start.

You said your broke,id like to disagree there,because you just realised what the problem was,your on the mend.

You can heal,and you can have the type of relationship you want.

Seeing a councillor about past issues will help the healing process,that fact that you know there's a problem means your on the road to recovery.

And its as long as you want it to be,your not broke,you have just been unlucky.

Seek help with the past,it can really help you focus on yourself,and make the future you want.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2009, 09:39 AM

Are you not happy with your life without a man in it? Do you need a man to make you happy??
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 09:42 AM

I read in a thread you posted in that your relationship had just ended..

There are some great stickies on NC and how to recover from breakups.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 09:46 AM

Yes read the stickies and find a good therapist and you ll be able to work on your issues.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2009, 10:48 AM

Thanks Red, I went back to find this,

By Moni,
    I just broke up with my boyfriend of 5 and a half years we were on and off also I was thinking of changing my number today just so I don't have to wonder if he is trying to call but I don't think I will. If he wanted to talk to me he would call my house, my work.. I can't change everything.. so I guess I just have have to be sad right now
    Break ups are hard to get over Moni, and it does take time.

The suggestion by others to read the stickies at the beginning of this forum was a good one I think will help you see, you are not alone.

This is the right place to go into any details, or ask any questions you care to share. Its also a great place to vent, and get support from some very good caring people.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 11:41 AM

Just keep focusing on other things. It definitely is tough in the beginning. The pain might even get worse, but eventually it will get better. Just give yourself more time.

Quote Originally Posted by moni1210 View Post
    all of the men in my life as a child were not good, and i think that is what is messing me up today
    It sounds like you have other issues as well. You need to focus on gaining more confidence in yourself. If someone isn't treating you with respect, then you should keep some distance from them. Maybe you should spend this time reading some self-help books or seeing a counsellor about your past experiences so that you don't have the same problems again.
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 8, 2009, 12:45 PM

Time is the greatest emotional healer of all time... but stick to no contact...

You'll be fine in due time. Don't go beating yourself up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend and I just broke up. [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just broke up. I really want him back and all but I don't know how to chance his mind about coming back to me. Do you think I should tell him I miss him and Love him. Ive been thinking about him SO much! Or just leave it. What should I say...

Broke up but don't know how to get over it [ 26 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago. We dated for 4 years and now I really miss him. During these 3 weeks, I've really started to think about the problems that he said he had with me. He says that we always fight and he's tired of me always being mad at him. I feel that I was...

I want to know why he broke up with me. [ 4 Answers ]

I was goimg out with my boyfriend who was 20 and I am 24 for a month n a half and then he broke up with me. In the beginning everything was great he was doting and attentive then he got a new job and overnight his whole personality had changed he turned really arrogant and cocky and wouldn't really...

I broke up with her, am I right [ 2 Answers ]

She seemed never to trust me. We are both 22. Some of my best friends are married. But I haven't graduated, so I think I should have more time to prepare for my future. The day before she said she couldn't waste her time on me, she told me,"Why don't you understand how much I love you? You told...

Just broke up. [ 7 Answers ]

So I just got dumped by my girlfriend who I have been dating for 7 mnoths and 22 days and I feel like its completely my fault and I don't know what do to this pain is really unbearable as my chest feels completely hollow and the whole break up is my fault. She says she is sick of my insurcity and...

View more questions Search