Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trangtrankt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Wire disconnected from battery in remote ceiling fan
    Hi,

I have a ceiling fan that can only be operated using a remote. (Hampton, I believe)
    The battery in the remote is disconnected from the wires on 1 end. (2 wires total, one still attached, another one broken away from battery, hanging lose
    How do I fix this?
    Thanks so much,
    Tracy
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 08:16 PM
    You have someone solder the disconnected wire back on the board or get a new battery connector at Radio Shack and solder it in.
    trangtrankt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 09:01 PM
    Thank you very much! Is there anyway I can buy a new universal remote for Hampton Bay instead of all the soldering?
    Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Sure, Home Depot carries them, so to Lowe's. Hampton Bay is, I believe, a HD product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan adding remote control, extra ceiling wire. [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a Hunter remote control to my exsisting Hunter ceiling fan. All the wires match from the remote to the fan, and I've hooked them up perfectly. My confusion comes from the ceiling wires to the remote. My ceiling has 3 wires: white, grey and red. The remote only has two wires to hook them...

Is there a 9V battery in a remote controlled ceiling fan body? [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Home Trends low mount ceiling fan from WalMart about 5 years ago. My father and I installed it. It is a model that has a remote control which turns on the light, dims the lights, and has 3 speeds for the fan. It worked great until last fall. At that time, I noticed that it was more...

Battery indicator on ceiling fan remote [ 0 Answers ]

I have installed a Canarm ceiling fan and also a remote receiver. I have tried 2 new batteries in the remote and tested them both to show they are working properly. The indicator light on the remote will not come on at all when any button is pushed. The remote will not control the fan/light at...

I am wiring my ceiling fan with light fixture. One wire appears disconnected? [ 1 Answers ]

There are three wires coming out from the motor housing (which I cannot get to?). A Blue wire, a black wire and a white wire. The white wire appears to have disconnected from the motor housing (which I cannot get to?). Can I still hook up the ceiling fan with this white wire not connected in the...

Replace 4 wire ceiling fan (& wall plate 2 wall sliders), with 5 wire fan + remote? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Current configuration: Wall switch that has 2 sliders, one for the fan (has multiple speed capability) and the other for the light (has dimming capability). Our wall slider switch looks like this one (but not this make/model), just for FYI: Hunter Fan/Light Dual Slide Preset Control -...

View more questions Search